windy weather

dirtbiker0025

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Going threw my wallpaper settings i noticed the windy weather wallpaper. Ive been using it for a while and i like it but i was wondering if there is a way to manually update the weather? I see in the settings it has auto refresh intervals of none> every 12 hours. But if you set it to none obviously it wouldn't show the accurate weather so why even put that on there, unless there is a way to manually update the weather.

Un4Seen

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi!

I too like Windy Weather very much. Most live wallpapers for Android come in dark colors, Windy Weather is very... joyful. Unfortunately the way it updates itself (the weather) is kind of annoying. The shortest interval it can be set to is 1 hour, but even that only works if at the exact moment when the hour changes you have an internet connection. I like to use WiFi and mobile data connections only when necessary (mostly off), so Windy Weather almost never updates itself automatically. I'd love a feature which would make it update whenever an internet connection is detected.

Answering the original question, manual update is available via the AccuWeather widget. Unfortunately that too is problematic. Sometimes hitting the update icon on the widget has no effect for hours (probably their server is not responding). Also, the widget occupies half a screen, which is kind of annoying. So yes, I'd love to be able to manually update it without the widget...

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
The eye in the sky widget allows you to use translucent lettering with what ever wall paper you want in the background. it can also be auto and manual updated. It takes up about as much screen space as the accu weather widget does but @ least its manual update works most of the time...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non