grey circles with an X appear in the text list

niteowl509

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Why do those grey circles with an X appear in the text message app list in Samsung phones

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

ChuckeeDroid

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I think it means that they're not signed into their Google talk accounts.
It's green when they are and orange if they're busy.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Bigchris

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Actually I do have Tango installed; what do you think it means?

Not sure, I just think it means the person you send the txt to has Tango as well, and there not on. That's the only thing I could figure out, I tested it with a few friends that have tango.

niteowl509

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Bigchris..you hit it on the nose. I uninstalled Tango and the X's disappeared. The X's dont bother me..just wanted to know what it meant. Thanks.

Bigchris

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Bigchris..you hit it on the nose. I uninstalled Tango and the X's disappeared. The X's dont bother me..just wanted to know what it meant. Thanks.

No problem. It's interesting how Tango integrates into the messaging app like it does.

Karen Plourde

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have the small grey X too beside my text msgs.. I have tango installed, and all the people with the grey x have tango (so my tango says)... the thing is, the x just shows up randomly.. why is it not there from the start?? I can delete a whole conversation completely, start a new one with the same person but the x will not be there until days/weeks/months later..

Keith Patrick

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I had this issue when I installed Tablet Talk on my phone. I honestly don't know what happened, but eventually it went away.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Brittiany Burnham

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
I too have tango and have the issue with the grey x in text messages. The people who have the x's are tango users as well, but I noticed they only appear when that person sends me a picture message and the will go away if you delete the picture.

Lisa Howell

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Brittany, did it appear when the pic was sent thru reg mms or thru Tango? Both my boyfriend and I see this come and go. It hands on for awhile then disappears. I just wanted to know if pic was sent mms reg messaging or thru Tango App?

Lisa Howell

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Do any of them or you have Tango? ? I heard that it had something to do with messaging on Tango. My friend does not use Google atty sl so I don't see how he would show up on chat. . He only uses Gmail.. and I don't see him on my Google Talk list. The symbol is also intermittent, there is never a green light or yellow in place of the x...

elham abar

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I've read some where the messages that had the grey circle with a black x were also the people in the address book that had Tango installed.
And when I checked it saw it can be correct.