Conclusion: S3 design is bland

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
You were hiding your phone inside a case and complained about the design. You put it in a different case and decided you like the PHONE'S design after all, because of the different case? W... T... F...

cormaster628

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Touchwiz is what turns me off and kills my interest in it. Touchwiz used to be pretty light, like my captivate for instance. Other than the launcher and lock screen, everything else was aosp android, but my god the s3 looks like it's running gingerbread! And where is the drag and create folder feature? Touchwiz has evolved into an HTC sense clone, and the old style buttons aren't necessary, honestly ICS and up virtual buttons are all you need

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

GalaxyOnyxWitch

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
You were hiding your phone inside a case and complained about the design. You put it in a different case and decided you like the PHONE'S design after all, because of the different case? W... T... F...

Trust me, I know it sounds stupid. Maybe to some it is. But you HAVE to put this beast in a case. I chose a case that I thought would look nice. Like any cases you cannot see the back. It wasn't the back that bothered me, it was the way the front looked with the VERY VERY thin lip of the case going around. It should NOT have made that much of an aesthetic difference as to change the whole appearance of the phone, but it did.

The case was very thin, didn't add much bulk but it just in the end, did not allow the basic form factor to shine through.

With the new case, it doesn't encompass the whole of the front, and blends into the basic screen, allowing the phone to show more clearly in the front.

Doesn't offer sh## for protection other than scratch though.

I have had cases on my other phones that made them look sharp, I just assumed it would be the same with this phone and any case I chose to put on it.

I was wrong.

Here's some pics if anyone cares :)

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Trust me, I know it sounds stupid. Maybe to some it is. But you HAVE to put this beast in a case. I chose a case that I thought would look nice. Like any cases you cannot see the back. It wasn't the back that bothered me, it was the way the front looked with the VERY VERY thin lip of the case going around. It should NOT have made that much of an aesthetic difference as to change the whole appearance of the phone, but it did.

The case was very thin, didn't add much bulk but it just in the end, did not allow the basic form factor to shine through.

With the new case, it doesn't encompass the whole of the front, and blends into the basic screen, allowing the phone to show more clearly in the front.

Doesn't offer sh## for protection other than scratch though.

I have had cases on my other phones that made them look sharp, I just assumed it would be the same with this phone and any case I chose to put on it.

I was wrong.

Here's some pics if anyone cares :)

So your case only protects the back of your phone........NICEEE!!!! So its gonna be a 50/50 crap shoot when its flipping in the air on its way to the ground, lol!

GalaxyOnyxWitch

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
So your case only protects the back of your phone........NICEEE!!!! So its gonna be a 50/50 crap shoot when its flipping in the air on its way to the ground, lol!

Haha well there is a slight lip over the front so I can place it face down without touching the screen but I guess I can always admire how nice it looks as it is hurtling downward to its death LOL!

As a rule I am very careful of my electronics. One phone drop in 5-6 years of owning phones.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
i had an ex who loved throwing my phones out my 3rd story window onto concrete and then calling the police on me!!
hope shes dead :)

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
We I'm one who also thinks that the design is bland and ugly. If were going to list grapes with the design, here are mine:

- Looks like a round blob. I prefer more angled, rectangular looks. I think the One X and iPhone 4/4S looks gorgeous.

- The home button is a poor design and far too low. The Galaxy S/S2 had better home buttons.

- Cheap feeling, plastic body. Doesn't feel like a premium phone.

- Faux metal band across the edge. If you're not going to use metal, don't try to pass it off as metal.

Those are my gripes with it. I think the S2 was a far better design a d would have preferred something closer to that. I'd like Samsung to move away from their cheap feeling love of plastic. I know it's a polycarbonate material, but it feels cheap compared to the Lumia 900/One X.

I guess what I'm trying to say is say it doesn't look and feel like the highest-end phone on the market.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Why would you want a metal band around the outside??? Metal interferes with RF propagation. If you wrap your phone in metal, you'll get worse reception for 3G/4G, wifi, and bluetooth. Just ask iPhone 4 owners about that (remember antenna-gate?).

RyDawgBoston

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Why would you want a metal band around the outside??? Metal interferes with RF propagation. If you wrap your phone in metal, you'll get worse reception for 3G/4G, wifi, and bluetooth. Just ask iPhone 4 owners about that (remember antenna-gate?).
So true!
I was actually worried at first that it was metal. All phones should go in cases, so there is no point in metal bezels and causing signal to drop.

The gs3 design is great and works best with a case.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
think the point is (for me anyway) that plastic that was true to itself would be far nicer than a fake chrome paint job.
this is only my opinion but i hate mutton dressed as lamb :)

GalaxyOnyxWitch

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
GOW, that is a cool case. Well done...

Ty kind Sir, Ma'am. :D

With this case, the device feels almost as though there was no case, which really enhances the look and feel of the device to me now.

Ironically that image was my wallpaper on my iPhone4, now I get an unhindered view of it.

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
think the point is (for me anyway) that plastic that was true to itself would be far nicer than a fake chrome paint job.
this is only my opinion but i hate mutton dressed as lamb :)

What color phone do you have? I have the blue one, and while it's obvious that they intended for the paint job to look like brushed metal, it is still very clearly plastic. I guess what I'm trying to say is that it doesn't strike me as something they're trying to pass off as metal. It strikes me as plastic with a nice metallic-looking effect. Maybe it's different on the white or red phones (been a while since I handled a white one and I've never seen the red one in person).

But then again, I know that metal is bad for reception, so I won't buy a phone that's wrapped in metal. So I guess I went into it happily knowing it's all plastic.

I still love it. :D

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
lol. yeah the white one man. it actualy gets colder than the rest of the phone like metal and feels like metal when u tap it on your teeth lol does that make sense? :)