just tried smart stay for first time..

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
it does work well even with glasses on but why does it have to lock the screen? would be far better if there was an option to just make the screen go black and then come back on when you look at the phone again.
is there an app for that?

Dhendy91

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
it does work well even with glasses on but why does it have to lock the screen? would be far better if there was an option to just make the screen go black and then come back on when you look at the phone again.

So anybody that looks at your phone can instantly unlock it? Or am I missing the point?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

GalaxyOnyxWitch

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site

I am not sure what you mean about smart stay locking your screen... The purpose of smart stay is for your phone to stay active on whatever screen/app is running if it senses your eyes/motion indicating you are still watching the device. Or are you referring to when you are done with whatever task you are on?

Mine does not shut off unless for some reason I am at an off angle.

When it DOES turn off, I am kinda glad it goes into my default screen lock/face lock security precaution.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
There is an app for smart stay for other phones. It actually uses the camera. I can't remember the name of it right now mate but I will be looking for it.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
So anybody that looks at your phone can instantly unlock it? Or am I missing the point?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

no it should be an option with a time limit for how long the screen should be black before it locks. face detection should only turn the screen back on before its locked.
to be clear, i want an option to use it to save battery (when i go to the toilet or somethin. not as a way of locking the phone.
hope that made sense mate lol ;)

and thanks for the suggestions peeps :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87