bam_dmux_wakelock battery kill. please help.

Eggtastic1998

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
my s3 battery life is awful to the point of me considering this purchase was a mistake. i love this phone (when i have f***ing battery life).

here is the deal, my battery drains very quickly and this is with very minimal use. the culprit was the "android system".

using better battery stats, the culprit was "bam_dmux_wakelock".

i have tried to "minimize background app activity", cut mobile data (which is bull, because i shouldn't have to cut all these features when iphone gets amazing battery life not doing so), kill apps off using the home button. nothing works. i lose from 30-40% when i am asleep not using the phone.

any help? this is an at&t phone, it is not rooted. i cannot find much on the internet and i dont believe calling the dumbass tech support at samsung will give me an answer. sorry for the rant, i just want to enjoy this phone and i can't. any help would be greatly appreciated.

534n

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
thanks. i have done a lot of research and cannot find "tracks" on my phone. is it under google maps? sorry if its obvious but cannot find it.

I'll be honest with you I have no idea what it is; it may be an app someone downloaded. See if you can find an app that is using a lot of data under your data monitor. That app is likely the culprit. Do you use Latitude or Lookout tracking? Anything with GPS? Stuff that uses push notifications also can send a lot of data if a game is running in the background or something. See if you can find a data hog that shouldn't be running.

exygenysys

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I think I may have figured this out. Go to Settings->Data Usage. Look at the app-by-app breakdown listed below. For apps that have consumed large amounts of data, click to see the ratio of data that's downloaded in the background as opposed to actively. For me, Spotify had used 263 MB in the background alone in 3 DAYS! I'd rooted and flashed only 3 days prior.

Hit options, and select 'restrict background data' for any app that has a high background data level. Doing that for Spotify brought my bam_dmux_wavelock down exponentially.

To confirm, I restricted background data across the entire system (by hitting options in the main data menu). Bam_dmux_wavelock is dead now and no longer a problem.

Hope this helps.

ATT One X Evita w/CM10 nightly

SuperG03

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I think I may have figured this out. Go to Settings->Data Usage. Look at the app-by-app breakdown listed below. For apps that have consumed large amounts of data, click to see the ratio of data that's downloaded in the background as opposed to actively. For me, Spotify had used 263 MB in the background alone in 3 DAYS! I'd rooted and flashed only 3 days prior.

Hit options, and select 'restrict background data' for any app that has a high background data level. Doing that for Spotify brought my bam_dmux_wavelock down exponentially.

To confirm, I restricted background data across the entire system (by hitting options in the main data menu). Bam_dmux_wavelock is dead now and no longer a problem.

Hope this helps.

ATT One X Evita w/CM10 nightly

Thanks for the advice. However, quick question, wouldn't restricting all background data basically stop any app from syncing ever, unless you opened it? If so, then email push, etc. wouldn't work right? For me that would defeat the purpose of having a smartphone. Please let me know if I am mistaken in how this would work. Thanks.

SuperG03

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non