I wanted iphone 5 to have NFC!!

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Let's all let the mods just do their thing. I had a comment asking a mod to remove someone who constantly talked about the EVO in the galaxy s3 forum and my comment got removed. Lol. The irony.

But as for this thread. I don't think I'd that bad. I feel the same way. The iPhone with NFC would have changed android forever but now NFC won't be as much of a success/world wide

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I was really hoping to see the iP5 having NFC just to push it but Apple won't do NFC payment unless it is somehow ran through iTunes so they can put some cash in their pockets with it. Apple will do it but not until they can profit from it.

Sent from my Innovative Galaxy S3

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site

It's funny how Phil spoke on this on the podcasf tonight(wishing nfc was on the iPhone 5 so it would have taken NFC further) .... Maybe you should complain to him too..... Looks like you miss the point..... It would have helped the GS3

Sent from my GS3....

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
i could post a topic about knitting lol and (i hope) it would soon vanish from first page due to lack of interest. its called democracy ;)

Or people could all respond and question why you posted a thread about knitting, and make it the top post.

I have a novel idea, if the title of a thread peaks your attention, then read it, if not don't.

BTW - this is not directed at Funkylogik - just loved his thought.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Or people could all respond and question why you posted a thread about knitting, and make it the top post.

I have a novel idea, if the title of a thread peaks your attention, then read it, if not don't.

BTW - this is not directed at Funkylogik - just loved his thought.

that was exactly my point mate ;)
i just read that ip5 cant do simultanious voice and data!
really annoying if youre stuck in call centre queue for an hour and bored

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess ;)

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
With over 20 million Galaxy S3's sold and pretty much a solid guarantee that all future Android phones will have NFC -- I think Android's dominating market share will ensure that NFC has a bright future.

Normally I'd be inclined to agree, but I haven't seen the availability to use NFC via the Galaxy S3 anywhere. It sounds good on paper, but Apple will be the ones to bring it to the mainstream, and really make it work. Android folks don't want to admit it, but Apple has more of an influence on pushing new major technologies to the public than Samsung/Android. Loving my S3, just thought I'd clear that up.

timato

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
I wish it did too, only a few places by me have the pay pass, the I phone having nfc would have definitely helped it take off.

So few places have it I usually don't notice they have it till I already swiped my card.
Then I try to buy something else just to use it.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

lbkiml

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Thank you!

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Android Central Forums

Sadly it's not going to happen. Having an iPhone5 thread in the S3 forum isn't relevant, since most people just bash it. If there was a general comparison thread, that would make more sense.

I've been wanting a single battery thread for all of the battery inquiries, and have been posting about one in almost every battery thread in the first month but still nothing...

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
The whole point of the 4s was to offer a slim version of the 4 other than that if you bought a 4s to upgrade from a.4 you got seriously ripped off. And with the 5 current thickness and the fact that it's made of glass basically made it more shatterable than previously before. And no I highly doubt there will be a 5s. If they make glass any thinner it will break when you sit down with it in your pocket.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Sadly it's not going to happen. Having an iPhone5 thread in the S3 forum isn't relevant, since most people just bash it. If there was a general comparison thread, that would make more sense...

I hear your point of view, but the topic is related to a feature in the GS3 in hopes to make it better for the the GS3.... People have to learn to read outside of the lines...
Also the Site itself called 'Android' Central talked about the iPhone 5 for 7 mins in a podcasf and happened to touch on this particular subject (and oh yes I was patting myself on the back.... Lol) .... ought to tell you it is relevant...

Sent from my GS3....

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
And like I said I think it will be on the iPhone 5s......

Can't wait to check in the gym with NFC and leave my keys in the gym bag.... Or scan my grocery savings shopping card wit my phone and not have 4 tags on my key chain or walk into work, church and scan a tag placing it on vibrate .....

Do you people who think the post wasn't relevant to the GS3 or android get it now? .... Only the iphone will make this happen. 20 million GS3's sold is wonderful I love it.... But it ain't enough cooperation run off iphones movement period..

Sent from my GS3....

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
If you ask me.... Apple wasn't going to just put out NFC... I think they seen how Sammy did it with all the sharing features and thought to wait for the 5S granting time to bring a whole sharing hub in attempt to out do Sammy and just like siri sold the 4S..... The 'ishare' using NFC will sell the 5s.... Then from there NFC would take off.... I hope (no not ihope).... Lol

Sent from my GS3....

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
If you ask me.... Apple wasn't going to just put out NFC... I think they seen how Sammy did it with all the sharing features and thought to wait for the 5S granting time to bring a whole sharing hub in attempt to out do Sammy and just like siri sold the 4S..... The 'ishare' using NFC will sell the 5s.... Then from there NFC would take off.... I hope (no not ihope).... Lol

Sent from my GS3....

Yup..they may release it on their 5s..just to make several millions dollar more for an iPhone 5 + NFC. NFC is a cool feature..but I really have no use for it.

Nothing to share, no one to share with as majority of the smartphone users I see are:
1) iPhone users,
2) Older Android Phones (no NFC I believe),
3) Some ancient touchscreen phones with some other OS.

So in a way I also hope Apple implements NFC or something compatible with NFC so I can share with iPhone users. But then I really hope Samsung gets back at Apple too.

I do agree though I am getting tired of seeing threads about other phones in the S3 section. Why? There are so many other sections and iPhone threads happen to come here. Don't we have a Apple section (maybe just imagining iMore)? General Section?

~I have a dream..that Apple will become bankrupt or given ownership to China..and it won't bother me because I can live with using Android, BB10, or Windows 8..

lbkiml

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I hear your point of view, but the topic is related to a feature in the GS3 in hopes to make it better for the the GS3.... People have to learn to read outside of the lines...
Also the Site itself called 'Android' Central talked about the iPhone 5 for 7 mins in a podcasf and happened to touch on this particular subject (and oh yes I was patting myself on the back.... Lol) .... ought to tell you it is relevant...

Sent from my GS3....

You're taking it out of my original context. I said that a single thread just on the iPhone5 in the S3 form is irrelevant. Not some podcast comparing the iPhone5 to other androids or whatnot.

And like I said I think it will be on the iPhone 5s......

Can't wait to check in the gym with NFC and leave my keys in the gym bag.... Or scan my grocery savings shopping card wit my phone and not have 4 tags on my key chain or walk into work, church and scan a tag placing it on vibrate .....

Do you people who think the post wasn't relevant to the GS3 or android get it now? .... Only the iphone will make this happen. 20 million GS3's sold is wonderful I love it.... But it ain't enough cooperation run off iphones movement period..

Sent from my GS3....

NFC is preference to me. I still think it can't get much simpler than swiping my credit card to buy stuff. Either way if you want to pay with your phone or not, you still have to pull something out of your pocket.
Same with what you said about it being on vibrate, you still have to pull it out of your pocket to scan. I can do the same thing but just tap on the vibrate button.

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
You're taking it out of my original context. I said that a single thread just on the iPhone5 in the S3 form is irrelevant. Not some podcast comparing the iPhone5 to other androids or whatnot.

NFC is preference to me. I still think it can't get much simpler than swiping my credit card to buy stuff. Either way if you want to pay with your phone or not, you still have to pull something out of your pocket.
Same with what you said about it being on vibrate, you still have to pull it out of your pocket to scan. I can do the same thing but just tap on the vibrate button.

It's all laziness ok....lol

But tech is about convenience... We could use wires instead of bluetooth.. We could have went and turned a knob instead of a remote for the TV.... Lol... For me I don't have a wallet just debit card I. D and car key not house keys... They stay in the car... I want to have little as possible in my pockets as possible so nfc would replace all the tags we have to carry. And more .... That's just one benefit

Sent from my GS3....

Last edited:

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
And the Apple threads end up here because you own the #1 iphone competitor... But this was nothing to do with all that... Lol...

Sent from my GS3....

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Sadly it's not going to happen. Having an iPhone5 thread in the S3 forum isn't relevant, since most people just bash it. If there was a general comparison thread, that would make more sense.

I've been wanting a single battery thread for all of the battery inquiries, and have been posting about one in almost every battery thread in the first month but still nothing...

try asking a Mod for a "sticky" in the s3 accessories forum mate. the Mods here are really good and created a gt-i9300 sub forum for us international users with just a little bit of support from users :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess ;)

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
The whole point of the 4s was to offer a slim version of the 4 other than that if you bought a 4s to upgrade from a.4 you got seriously ripped off. And with the 5 current thickness and the fact that it's made of glass basically made it more shatterable than previously before. And no I highly doubt there will be a 5s. If they make glass any thinner it will break when you sit down with it in your pocket.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
I hope you realize that the iPhone 4, and 4S share the exact same thickness. The 2 have the exact same form factor, nothing externally different. The major difference with the 4S over the 4 is the A5 chip, 8MP camera, and siri. Count on it, there most definitely will be a 5S.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress