Having trouble updating AT&T S3 to 4.1.1

theproman23

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 through AT&T and I recently received a notification that there was an update available. I went through the whole process off downloading the update and I keep getting the following messages when it reboots:

CWM-Based Recovery V5.5.0.4
E: Invalid Command Argument
Finding Update Package...
Opening Update Package...
Verifying Update Package...
E: failed to verify whole-file signature
E: Signature verification failed
Installation Aborted

The phone is rooted and I am not sure what I did during the root process that's not allowing the update to install. I did have a few stock apps frozen through Titanium but I went back through unfroze them but still no luck.

I just flashed the CWM Recovery V5.5.0.4 hoping it fix the issue but I can't seem to figure out what to do. Please help.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
You may want to take a look through this thread before you go any further
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=210212
[WARN] Before You Root/Unlock/Flash -- Read This -- New OTA Info
Ignore for the moment that it is a Verizon thread - you may get some information that'll help you; if nothing else it may encourage you to look through the rooting threads for your device.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
You may want to take a look through this thread before you go any further
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=210212
[WARN] Before You Root/Unlock/Flash -- Read This -- New OTA Info
Ignore for the moment that it is a Verizon thread - you may get some information that'll help you; if nothing else it may encourage you to look through the rooting threads for your device.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2

This is for phones that have locked boot loaders (Verizon only) it does not person to AT&T and Sprint or any other phone that comes unlocked.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 through AT&T and I recently received a notification that there was an update available. I went through the whole process off downloading the update and I keep getting the following messages when it reboots:

Installation Aborted

The phone is rooted and I am not sure what I did during the root process that's not allowing the update to install. I did have a few stock apps frozen through Titanium but I went back through unfroze them but still no luck.

I just flashed the CWM Recovery V5.5.0.4 hoping it fix the issue but I can't seem to figure out what to do. Please help.

I have been pretty busy at the sprint forum but will take the time to try and find an update method for you.

Just to make sure I got this correct. You are rooted and have cwm recovery?

By the way, the update is not 4.1.1

Update:

So far I haven't found anyone successfully updating it with custom recovery. I have however found the stock recovery for your phone and will likely have a method for you after work tomorrow.

Last edited:

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site

Installation Aborted

Are you currently on this kernel version?

UCALG1

theproman23

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Skunkape60!

Regarding your question yes I am rooted and have CWM recovery. Hmm I thought the update was 4.1.1 but I guess not..

But either way thanks!
I have been pretty busy at the sprint forum but will take the time to try and find an update method for you.

Just to make sure I got this correct. You are rooted and have cwm recovery?

By the way, the update is not 4.1.1

Update:

So far I haven't found anyone successfully updating it with custom recovery. I have however found the stock recovery for your phone and will likely have a method for you after work tomorrow.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Skunkape60!

Regarding your question yes I am rooted and have CWM recovery. Hmm I thought the update was 4.1.1 but I guess not..

But either way thanks!

The update updates you from UCALG1 to UCALH9. Both are 4.0.4 ICS.

I still need to know if you are currently on kernel version UCALG1. I also need to know if you removed any of the bloat or did you freeze it? These questions need to be answered so I will know which method I want you to try.

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
Since you don't have the correct kernel version you will need to download four separate files and flash them in the proper order. You will also have to flash them one after the other without rebooting. when you have flashed all four, reboot and you should be up to date. Here are the instructions. I hope this works for you.

You will be doing the alternate method using the pieces files. Remember you must flash the kernel after the Rom....

CWM Flashable Update

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
jeezo Skunk, i can see why youve been thanked so many times mate, im acualy surprised its not more.
youre a font of rom knowledge man.
you should have a spot on the podcast lol :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Skunkape60

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
jeezo Skunk, i can see why youve been thanked so many times mate, im acualy surprised its not more.
youre a font of rom knowledge man.
you should have a spot on the podcast lol :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Thanks... I don't even have the phone which is sad. Because on the Sprint phone I test everything before I post.

I wear my custom flash count (27) like a badge of honor.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
lol nice work man.
im serious about the podcast thing btw, say a 10min flashing q+a spot :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa