Please tell me why the S3 is better than an iPhone.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
See the Phonebuff YouTube video for 50 Reasons Why The GS3 Is Better Than The i5.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

TomsAndroid

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
See the Phonebuff YouTube video for 50 Reasons Why The GS3 Is Better Than The i5.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

And vice versa. Mind you, I could think of equal or better alternatives on the S3 for almost all the iPhone's "advantages".

Sent from my Nexus 7

rteichman

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
I would like to add one item to the iPhone pro list. The Apple eco system. If you already have/use it you will miss it on an S3. Yes, there are workarounds on the S3 but they are far from being as seamless as on an iPhone. Specifically, iTunes (along with its smart playlists and genius play), iPhoto integration (again, if you currently have 100GB of photos on it), Airplay (especially if you have multiple Airport/Express/Apple TV boxes connected into stereo systems around your house), and finally iTunes remote control, especially if your Mac is tied into everything else and has your complete media library on it.

Actually there is a second area where the iPhone excels; Visual Mail. It's built into the phone app so its better integrated than having a separate app.

Why s3 is better,

1. Processor better
2. Better/same camera
3. Better screen 720p HD and bigger screen to view more
4. Android is more customizable
5. More features in s3

Why iPhone is better,

1. Gpu is fast as it doesn't have to power many pixels
2. iOs 6 is simple so if you like simplicity then that's for you.
3. Small screen if you don't like big screens
4. Thin and easy to hold

So it's up to you but thats all I can think of

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I would like to add one item to the iPhone pro list. The Apple eco system. If you already have/use it you will miss it on an S3. Yes, there are workarounds on the S3 but they are far from being as seamless as on an iPhone. Specifically, iTunes (along with its smart playlists and genius play), iPhoto integration (again, if you currently have 100GB of photos on it), Airplay (especially if you have multiple Airport/Express/Apple TV boxes connected into stereo systems around your house), and finally iTunes remote control, especially if your Mac is tied into everything else and has your complete media library on it.

It all depends on your point of view.

A coworker of mine, a long time iPhone user, got an SIII after seeing my Android device. The main reason for getting the SIII, in his words, was to never ever have to deal with that piece of $@!& iTunes crap software again. He really hated using iTunes. Now he is free of it. But, all is not well. His wife is now jealous and can't wait for her 2 year contract on her iPhone to expire so she can upgrade. She too hates iTunes and wants the freedom to play whatever music or videos she darn well wants to load on it. Neither of them are exactly software gurus, so I'm surprised that they don't prefer iTunes, but they don't.

Last edited:

c_hack

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
While the iPhone screen is smaller, it's much better quality - not the AMOLED blue-green of the S3 (and GNex). The smaller screen also makes it much easier to use one handed. I already dropped my Galaxy Nexus several types trying to use it one handed - the slippery plastic doesn't help.

c_hack

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
It all depends on your point of view.

A coworker of mine, a long time iPhone user, got an SIII after seeing my Android device. The main reason for getting the SIII, in his words, was to never ever have to deal with that piece of $@!& iTunes crap software again. He really hated using iTunes. Now he is free of it. But, all is not well. His wife is now jealous and can't wait for her 2 year contract on her iPhone to expire so she can upgrade. She too hates iTunes and wants the freedom to play whatever music or videos she darn well wants to load on it. Neither of them are exactly software guros, so I'm surprised that they don't prefer iTunes, but they don't.

They obviously never tried Google Play. I've never seen worse POS. It knowingly uploads multiple copies of every song if you synced to 2 PCs. Their answer is to manually deleted each if my 30,000 duplicates. What a POS. At least iTunes let's you get rid of dupes. After ver. 11 iTunes is even usable on a PC.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
They obviously never tried Google Play. I've never seen worse POS. It knowingly uploads multiple copies of every song if you synced to 2 PCs. Their answer is to manually deleted each if my 30,000 duplicates. What a POS. At least iTunes let's you get rid of dupes. After ver. 11 iTunes is even usable on a PC.

But there are too many alternatives to list for Android. So no, I didn't even know that Google Play could be used.
With iPhone, you had better like iTunes or you are in trouble.

c_hack

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Not true. I use Groove instead of iTunes on the iPhone. I like the Groove interface and it had access to all the same music and playlists.

Thinking you have to use iTunes on an iPhone is a common misconception. There are lots of alternatives.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
This thread will never end. This question is a matter of opinion and iPhone fans will never agree the GS3 is better so we're speaking on deaf ears. I mean GS3 is better but y'all don't hear me though

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and I make my girlfriend sleep on the couch

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
This thread will never end. This question is a matter of opinion and iPhone fans will never agree the GS3 is better so we're speaking on deaf ears. I mean GS3 is better but y'all don't hear me though

I was hoping it did. People always go dig up old threads from the grave and all it does is restart the flame war.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I was hoping it did. People always go dig up old threads from the grave and all it does is restart the flame war.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums

I see that. Let the war commence

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Let me sum it up.

iPhone = Over price for what it does and proprietary. Forcing you to use ITUNES. ( For a user that is inexperience and wants a toy )
Android = You get what you pay for, non proprietary ( For someone who is experienced OR inexperienced and wants to be able to open up infinite abilities in their smart phone )

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Here is the related article from CNET: Galaxy S3 beats iPhone 5 for best device of 2012
The Samsung galaxy s3 is the best-selling smartphone in the world in 2012, show that Galaxy s3 is better than iPhone 5.

I'm neutral on the subject but best selling doesn't mean anything. Lil Wayne sells millions of albums and he's still a piece of talentless poo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Lil Wayne sells millions of albums and he's still a piece of talentless poo

Marry me. lol (I think Lil' Wayne is one of the worst excuses of a rapper I've ever seen.)

Also, I agree with Mak. I mean no-one is flaming now but we all know it happens too often when old topics are brought back cause some fanatics (on both sides) can't stand NOT putting their opinion into a discussion that ended a while ago. Let's try to let this topic stay buried. :p

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Marry me. lol (I think Lil' Wayne is one of the worst excuses of a rapper I've ever seen.)

Also, I agree with Mak. I mean no-one is flaming now but we all know it happens too often when old topics are brought back cause some fanatics (on both sides) can't stand NOT putting their opinion into a discussion that ended a while ago. Let's try to let this topic stay buried. :p

Well put

deevel79

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I was stuck between both the IP5 and S3 for over a month while waiting for my upgrade to kick in. Although I was impressed with all the features on the S3 I decided to go with the IP5 for a few reason.

- IP5 feels like a much more premium device while the S3 just feels cheap.

- Couldn't get use to the big size of the S3. I don't watch movies or play games on my phone therefore the extra large screen was not necessary. I mainly use my phone to text, make calls, send/recieve emails, browse the net and read articles. The IP5 has a reader feature that magnifies the page to make it much easier to read which is a great feature.

- The IP5 holds its value much better than any cell phone on the market. I can literally use it for 2yrs and still get $300+ for it.

- The IP5 interface and OS is very user friendly, organized, and easy to use. I personally don't need a phone with 7 home screens or widgets.

These are just my reasons for going with the IP5. Get whatever fits your needs.

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

Yea this thread needs to die.

myIphone4s

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
- NFC abilities (Unlock your hotel room door with ur phone)
how does this work still trying to figure out these phones before i buy one next month or 2.

coming from a iphone user i jailbroke mine just so i can have better themes and options so i am unjailbreaking and switching

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress