Is it good idea to hold out for updated GS3 ?

Ghostnyc

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi

This is my first post here- just looking for some feedback regarding purchasing GS3. There are a lot of new devices being released over the next 2-3 weeks in time for the holiday shopping. I want to know what are the odds that Samsung would release an updated version of the GS3 in the U.S before the end of November? Considering the international version with quadcore no LTE, Korean version with quad-core+LTE+JB and that other version the black 64GB which is also quad core I think, Does it make sense to purchase a GS3 right now?

FYI- Im purchasing the device out of contract, full price.

Thanks in advance

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi

This is my first post here- just looking for some feedback regarding purchasing GS3. There are a lot of new devices being released over the next 2-3 weeks in time for the holiday shopping. I want to know what are the odds that Samsung would release an updated version of the GS3 in the U.S before the end of November? Considering the international version with quadcore no LTE, Korean version with quad-core+LTE+JB and that other version the black 64GB which is also quad core I think, Does it make sense to purchase a GS3 right now?

FYI- Im purchasing the device out of contract, full price.

Thanks in advance
I am honestly confident that it will be pushed before the end of November....they sent it out to Polan just as a test to see how it would go, and now they have already sent out a second batch of updates to other countries even the ones you mentioned...I am sure the GS3 will get it by November...if not I will be pissed

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
That's a tough one. If you can wait it out longer that may help prevent or reduce buyers remorse. I know I'd be frustrated if I bought a dual core 2GB model w LTE only to have the same w quad core show up one day past the return date.

On the flip side I'm running my S3 in power saving mode from out of the box and have experienced zero real or perceived performance issues. Maybe Jelly Bean will be more resource intensive and benefit from more cores but overall have the same or better battery life.

Ghostnyc

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
That's a tough one. If you can wait it out longer that may help prevent or reduce buyers remorse. I know I'd be frustrated if I bought a dual core 2GB model w LTE only to have the same w quad core show up one day past the return date.

EXACTLY....like I said its just with all the OEM's releasing new devices now- LG, Asus, Nexus, HTC- it not impossible to think Sammy might release something like GS3 Alpha in the U.S. I was ready to drop the $$ on a GS3 until I saw the Korean version which is fully loaded quad-core, LTE, 2 GB ram and JB running that split screen feature which is now something I MUST HAVE. Add to the fact that AT&T is only allowing 14 days to return devices now, you can understand my hesitation.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
That's the inherent problem in buying any technology. It's outdated before you buy it. If you wait a month or two, what happens if the rumor mill is really going on the S4? Do you wait again? Then you hear about something else coming out. It's a never ending thing with tech.

If the GS3 is the phone you want and it meets all your needs I say go for it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
if i was you and had the patience, id wait for the gt-i9305 mate.
latest news is that US carrier branded s3 wont get official JB till 2013.
plus it will be such a future-proof monster of a phone.
i havent read anything about battery life on it though, maybe check that out ;)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Ghostnyc

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
if i was you and had the patience, id wait for the gt-i9305 mate.
latest news is that US carrier branded s3 wont get official JB till 2013.
plus it will be such a future-proof monster of a phone.
i havent read anything about battery life on it though, maybe check that out ;)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

I can wait for JB but i would really like the upgraded hardware to future proof myself even if its just for a quarter or 2. End of November is my deadline.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
get the gt-i9305 then bro.
i would if you can afford to buy it ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38