Grand Theft Auto III laggy on the S3?

TheMixer55

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Running stock AT&T S3.

I bought GTAIII today (its on sale for $1, btw).

I put all the video settings on max, assuming the S3 can handle pretty much any Android game. It lagged, bad.

So I put all the settings back down to medium, and it still lags. Not game-breaking, but not great either.

Any else try this game on the S3? Is it just me, or does it not play well?

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Yea , tha "max" setting is for android devices with a tegra 3 processor, the rain and extra shadows are too much for the s4 processor. Dead trigger laggs as well on full visuals setting.

Sent from my S3:)

TheMixer55

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
Yea , tha "max" setting is for android devices with a tegra 3 processor, the rain and extra shadows are too much for the s4 processor. Dead trigger laggs as well on full visuals setting.

Interesting.

I always thought the S3 was supposed to be the sorta flagship "iPhone Killer." Why do you suppose Samsung didn't go with a Tegra then?

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
At the time for lte compatibility reasons. Lte wasnt compatible with the tegra 3 processor or samsungs exynos quad core processor.

Tarant

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
It may also just not be compatible. In the description for the game the Galaxy S3 is not listed as one of the compatible models. Maybe send the developer an email asking about that.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums

TheMixer55

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
At the time for lte compatibility reasons. Lte wasnt compatible with the tegra 3 processor or samsungs exynos quad core processor.

Aw.

Oh well, I still love my S3 <3

And LTE is a solid trade-off. I am using the internet MUCH more than I am trying to play 3D games, lol.

TheMixer55

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
It may also just not be compatible. In the description for the game the Galaxy S3 is not listed as one of the compatible models. Maybe send the developer an email asking about that.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Android Central Forums

Oh, I didn't even notice... I saw the S2 and just assumed the S3 would work even better.

Rockstar hasn't updated GTA III since January, so I'm not hopeful. It runs well enough on medium settings, though, so I imagine it's compatible, just not powerful enough.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Oh, I didn't even notice... I saw the S2 and just assumed the S3 would work even better.

Rockstar hasn't updated GTA III since January, so I'm not hopeful. It runs well enough on medium settings, though, so I imagine it's compatible, just not powerful enough.

Compatible may not be the right word, it works just not optimized for the device.

Thanks btw, cant beat $1

Oh its optimzed for it alright, you wouldnt be able to download it if it wasnt. Its the processor that doesnt have enough juice to squeeze to show those extra visuals..

Mmom Mad

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Hey Guys! I found a solution for you and myself if you are experiencing this problem with stock firmware! GTA 3 was also stuttery and laggy from time to time on my S3. What I did was I turned Power Saving feature to OFF and now it works like a charm! Smooth butter gameplay with no frameskips at all. Try it and report if it works for you guys! Good luck!

Liam Atkins

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the tip mate. I had GTA 3 on max and 100 draw distance 80 picture quality, was good but stuttered now and again. Like when there are loads of cars on the screen etc. This makes it smooth thank you ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699