Replying from notification shade

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
So I'm pretty sure once since I've had the Jelly Bean update it gave me the option to reply to a text message from the shade. Either I was dreaming or its disappeared. Because I've never gotten the option again. So what's the verdict? Am I losing it? Lol

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I use a different messenger so I don't know for sure but you can try zooming in on the text in the notification center. (you know. The. Pinch out to zoom thing)

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Are you using the default messenger app or a 3rd-party app? Whether you have expanded notifications depends on the app. If the app doesn't support the option then you won't get it. Perhaps you set a different texting app as the new default?

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I only have the default messaging app installed, used to have gosms so maybe that was what was giving me that option
That's possible. I don't know what TouchWiz does. The stock Android Messaging app supports expanded notifications natively. I think GoSMS does, too. Not sure what the stock TouchWiz Messaging app does.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Just tried but i use GoSms with Pop-ups so suppose i dont get chance to get a notification...

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
That's possible. I don't know what TouchWiz does. The stock Android Messaging app supports expanded notifications natively. I think GoSMS does, too. Not sure what the stock TouchWiz Messaging app does.

It's true that stock Android supports expanded notifications, but the stock Messaging app does not have the reply from notification button as a feature. Custom ROMs like Cyanogen have added it to the stock Messaging app though.

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
It's true that stock Android supports expanded notifications, but the stock Messaging app does not have the reply from notification button as a feature. Custom ROMs like Cyanogen have added it to the stock Messaging app though.

Seems silly but thanks all for answering my question!

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
So I'm pretty sure once since I've had the Jelly Bean update it gave me the option to reply to a text message from the shade. Either I was dreaming or its disappeared. Because I've never gotten the option again. So what's the verdict? Am I losing it? Lol

I use GoSMS so idk...I wish GoSMS would add that feature though
I know I can call back within my notification bar..maybe u are going crazy lol

Whoops seems it was already answered...u still might be crazy lol

Shanicenicolle

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

Gee thanks! It was gosms that was letting me do it. Oh well I can live without it.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

Crazy brer *nods head*

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer: