New here with a new phone

Ryan Tombs

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Ok so I am coming from the iphone side. I had about 900 songs on my iphone 4 and just came to the s3 but did not get them transferred to my new phone nor do I have them saved on my computer. So I guess my first question is should I go back to the verizon store and ask to transfer my music (i traded the iphone in). But I was thinking about just getting the songs over again but I was curious to what should my computer program I should input my music too? If it makes sense. I am highly technical. Custom built and go to a technology oriented school. I saw power amp. But is power amp as simple as getting songs downloading them and then syncing them to the phone?

Ryan Tombs

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
so just download it on my computer?
also i am in the process of getting songs that are on another home computer onto itunes on my computer so my next step is to get them onto the phone

Last edited:

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Google Music is a cloud music service like Apple's: http://music.google.com. Basically, you just upload your music (although now it will do a match thing so you don't have to upload it) and then you can stream it back to your phone with the Google Music app. You can specify to keep songs local (so you won't use data to play them). You can keep 20,000 songs on it for free.

If you had music on your iPhone but traded it in and you don't have local copies of it, I don't know what to tell you unless you purchased them from somewhere (like Amazon or iTunes) and can redownload them to your PC from there, then put them on Google Music or your phone.

If you don't like Google Music (honestly, the player could use some work IMO), you can still use iTunes and sync it up to your phone and use whatever player you want. I think most people use DoubleTwist for this, but I'm not sure. I abandoned iTunes a long time ago.

ybcthanerd

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Also amazon mp3 is another good choice. Free storage and if u purchase tha music from amazon they store it with not impact to ur storage limit same goes for Google play

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Where did you GET those 900 songs in the first place? Without knowing that, I'm not sure we can accurately answer.

If you got them from the Apple store, you should be able to put iTunes on your PC and retrieve them. If you ripped them from CDs, you'll have to do that all over again. If Verizon has a music service, and you purchased them from Verizon, they should be able to tell you how to get them on your new phone. I doubt seriously the Verizon store still has your old phone intact with all the files on it, so transferring them from the old phone to the new one is probably impossible.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Purchased or not they sync to Google Music lol. (come on who hasn't stole music). Once on google music you can download them to your computer then put it on your phone to be able to play it through power amp or any other music app other than google music

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699