07-31-2019 03:40 PM
66 123
tools
    hi gays I had same problem with my Lg g3. I googled it a came here on this forum. where I found that my screen protector glass can cause this problem.so I move that glass or protector from top to bottom a v bit. it did worked. I am not having this problem now. thanks
    12-04-2015 11:53 PM
    This happens to my phone and i know how, i disassembled my phone and i saw a tiny square rubber thing that covers the proximity sensor and i forgot to attach it back for assembling my phone and it goes blank whenever the call is activated, removing the battery is the only solution.
    08-04-2016 01:34 AM
    Hi Guys,

My screen goes blank while a call is in progress. I can't end the call even the home, back and menu answell as the power button does nothing to make the screen come back on!

The only way to get it working again is to take the battery out!

Th phone and screen works fine any other time apart from when a call is in progress.

It just happened today, the phone has never been dropped or damaged.

Please help, this is very annoying.
    Android 5.0.1. Go to Settings. Call. Turn off screen during calls should NOT be checked.
    08-18-2016 09:00 PM
    Removing the newly Install screen protector definitely solved the Problem, Thanks everyone!!!!!!
    11-15-2016 11:05 PM
    The OP seems to be long gone, but I'm betting that this is a case of having a poorly-executed screen protector applied. Those are notorious for interfering with the proximity sensor on phones.

I've even seen cases where a person didn't remove the clear plastic shipping film on the phone, which of course interfered with the sensor.
    Thank you very much.
    Your solution worked perfectly for me. I removed the poorly - executed screen protector and it's working good.
    11-18-2016 02:51 PM
    1) GO TO "SETTINGS"

2) FROM TOP PANEL SELECT "MY DEVICE"

3) SELECT "CALL" (GREEN BOX WITH WHITE PHONE ICON)

4) DESELECT (UN-check box after the text, "Turn off screen during calls"

5) YOU ARE DONE!
    03-02-2017 11:24 AM
    I'm another late person to this thread. I figured out ways around this problem so thought I'd share them here. Firstly what I did was make my power button the hangup button. However I still couldn't use loudspeaker or the dial buttons during a call so what I did was buy earphones with a microphone and plugged them in. The reason my screen goes black is because of my broken proximity sensor but when I put in earphones the screen comes on as it knows I'm listening through earphones and not the phone itself. Hope this helps you guys out.
    04-06-2017 08:22 AM
    Hi Guys,

My screen goes blank while a call is in progress. I can't end the call even the home, back and menu answell as the power button does nothing to make the screen come back on!

The only way to get it working again is to take the battery out!

Th phone and screen works fine any other time apart from when a call is in progress.

It just happened today, the phone has never been dropped or damaged.

Please help, this is very annoying.

Here is ultimate fix:

For android version 6.0 and lower :

For android 7.0 [Nougat] : https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=B76FZfA5jWg

Please subscribe to my channel if i helped..!
    link : http://youtube.com/rohanparab459
    04-22-2017 04:06 PM
    I had this problem with my Google Pixel. It recently upgraded to Android Oreo, but the problem may have been there before. As soon as I started a call the screen went black and would only reappear when I ended the call by pressing the power button. It turned out the problem was from settings, display and switching off Adaptive brightness.
    09-14-2017 04:12 AM
    11-04-2017 02:32 PM
    I had the exact problem.
    I just fixed it.
    Disassemble and with a pencil eraser polish the
    proximity sensors. Clean with alcohol using a soft toothbrush, let dry. Clean the input eyeholes, both sides. Reassemble and test.
    12-03-2017 02:13 PM
    Go the call settings, and take the incoming call settings, and go to proximity sensor, if proximity sensor is on means just we should turn off the button.,means we should overcome problem of screen goes blank....
    02-12-2018 07:21 AM
    I had this blank screen issue on a new Alcatel 3c. After being made aware of the concept of a proximity sensor, I tried all the tips to fix it. After major frustration I took the phone into a very dark cupboard and rebooted the phone. Problem resolved. Thanks for all your tips.
    I was born when a phone worked with a piece of wire. Those were the days.
    05-19-2018 12:29 PM
    Does it go blank when it's near your ear while talking on the phone or at other times? If it goes blank when near you ear that's what the phone is supposed to do. The screen is supposed to come back on after you move the phone away from your ear though.
    I had the same issue and my phone has cracks already so I thought it was because of that. But after reading this thread, I just switched off theobile and took out the sim and put it back. Now it is working perfectly.
    05-20-2018 11:42 PM
    I removed my heavy duty case and the problem went away. The cause was the proximity sensor in the phone, which started mistaking the phone case for my face!
    Pjotr Gogol likes this.
    04-30-2019 08:42 AM
    Insp_Gadget
    Thanks a lot. This was exactly my case.
    I didn't want to remove the original package before my new case arrives. This was my doom.
    You saved me!
    07-31-2019 03:40 PM
66 123