I am having problem after problem with my S3...

I can't get my computer to recognize my s3 as a storage device so I can transfer files to it. My computer is running windows XP sp3. I have installed all the Samsung drivers and it even recognizes the phone when I plug it in (atleast thats what the little popup says). But when I go to My Computer the phone is not listed anywhere... I tried to go the other route and installed Kies and no luck. It just get's stuck on "connecting" and nothing happens after that. Also when I plug my phone in I get the generic message about the computer not being able to recognize the device. I've tried this both with debugging on and off, aswells as wifi on/off.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    01-31-2013 11:56 PM

I can't get my computer to recognize my s3 as a storage device so I can transfer files to it. My computer is running windows XP sp3. I have installed all the Samsung drivers and it even recognizes the phone when I plug it in (atleast thats what the little popup says). But when I go to My Computer the phone is not listed anywhere... I tried to go the other route and installed Kies and no luck. It just get's stuck on "connecting" and nothing happens after that. Also when I plug my phone in I get the generic message about the computer not being able to recognize the device. I've tried this both with debugging on and off, aswells as wifi on/off.

have you tried rebooting? using a different cable, different port? have you tried uninstalling samsung drivers rebooting then reconnectin?
    02-01-2013 12:50 AM

Cannot fail connecting SGS3 to PC (Easy Solution) - xda-developers

Go here and follow each step EXACTLY, and in the order it is there. Don't skip anything. It'll work after that.
    Good luck!
    02-02-2013 01:28 AM
    Go here and follow each step EXACTLY, and in the order it is there. Don't skip anything. It'll work after that.
    Good luck!
    Where is here?

Sent from my SCH-I815 using Tapatalk 2
    02-02-2013 02:50 AM
    Try ES file explorer if you have wifi.

--Tapatalk 2 on SGS3.
    02-03-2013 08:28 PM
    Where is here?

Sent from my SCH-I815 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanks I will give this a try! I tried rebooting and reinstalling drivers like originally suggested and nothing still... I am trying to avoid connecting via wifi because the whole reason I am trying to connect to my PC is so that I can root my phone.
    02-03-2013 10:36 PM