Viber problen on Galaxy S3

stole93

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
I have a problem that realy pisses me off, when i am sending regular sms messages to some of my contacts it doesnt come as regular sms but as a viber message...i use viber just to call couple of mu frends who live in other country but i dont need it for local numbers...please help me it is realy annoying i dont want to use viber for regular messaging

Last edited by a moderator:

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Re: Viber problen on S3

I've never used Viber, but I would look at the settings in that app. Does it have it's own address book? Are the contacts who get the Viber messages in it's address book?

Does it put additional fields or actions in the standard contacts app that might be telling the phone to use Viber for those contacts? What happens if you install Handcent or another SMS app and use it instead of the standard messaging app?

whatsitsname

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site

Go to applications settings, viber.
Clear default, cache, and data. Message should default back to original messenger.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site

Hi,

This is a member of the Viber R&D Team!
We're here to assist. :)

You may disable this option on the settings menu, it's called: "Free reply with Viber". Please check: Android: Viber System Settings for more details. :)

Please feel free to let us know your thoughts, questions and comments, we'd be happy to assist.
Thanks,
Viber

Vishika

May 20, 2013
Visit site

Hello

I have been facing an issue since Saturday. My viber is not working on s3 since I updated my viber version to the latest. It gives me the code and I enter that code but still it keeps saying invalid code. Can you please resolve this issue

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site

Hello

I have been facing an issue since Saturday. My viber is not working on s3 since I updated my viber version to the latest. It gives me the code and I enter that code but still it keeps saying invalid code. Can you please resolve this issue

Please try removing Viber, wait 24 hours, reinstall and try again (make sure you try both the SMS and the automated call options).

In addition, you may try to register to Viber with a different number (for example - your home landline number, a friend's number, etc.), in order to determine whether the problem is specific with your number, or a general one.

tonyandroid1234

May 17, 2013
Visit site

Hi I installed Viber and now anytime I make or receive a call (on my phone network not Viber) my phone turns itself to silent. I removed Viber and it hasn't happened since. I really like using Viber snd would like to use it again. This has occurred a few times and always stops when I remove Viber

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site

@tonyandroid1234 -

Hi,
What phone are you using? Which version of Android?
Also, are you running a Custom ROM?

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site

@Raul Calligaris -

Hi,
Some mobile operators across the world block Viber on their 3G network. Usually this happens when users have a "simple" data plan (or a prepaid contract), meaning they didn't pay extra for using VoIP on their 3G network.

In order to verify this, we recommend to contact your cell company and confirm this with them.

* However, please note that Viber does not officially support your device yet, and that may be the reason for the problems you are experiencing. Here is the full list of officially supported devices: Is your Android supported with Viber (system requirements)?
We are continuously working to adapt Viber to more and more devices, and we hope to make your device fully compatible soon. When we have news, we'll let you know.

omga_supreme

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

hi, Im having a problem with viber application im using samsung galaxy s3, everytime I access it it shows "application block", I try to check it on the phone settings, and found nothing to block the application, I tried to re install the program, but everything is the same

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site

hi, Im having a problem with viber application im using samsung galaxy s3, everytime I access it it shows "application block", I try to check it on the phone settings, and found nothing to block the application, I tried to re install the program, but everything is the same

Hi,
Are you sure this isn't some 3rd-party application that causes this?

We (Viber) did not add any feature of Viber itself that could cause this.

MI MI1

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Viber problen on S3

I have Problem With Viber I did Reinstall It But Still Same Issue Just massage say:
viber service is currently unavailable or being blocked!!!
Please help to fix it
thanks

balajirangdal

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site

hey dear i have installed viber on my s3 working successfully but when i call somebody my voice reaches them after 4or 5 sec why this problem occured can you help me with this issue .........

Viber

May 5, 2011
Visit site

@MI MI1 -

Hi,
It could be that the network you are connected to is blocking Viber's traffic.

1. First, please try uninstalling and reinstalling Viber when connecting to a few different WiFi networks (in order to pinpoint the source of the problem). What are the results?
2. Also, please make sure the following ports are enabled ("forwarded") on your routers or firewalls:
TCP: 5242 + 4244
UDP: 5243 + 9785

(if you are not sure how to enable ports, you may contact your router manufacturer or your Internet Service Provider)

* If it still fails, please specify what country you're located in, and which cellular network you're subscribed to.

@balajirangdal -

Hi,
This could be a problem with the network connection that either side is connected to.
Please test Viber when switching between a few different WiFi networks. Does the problem persist in all of them?

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site

Hi,
Can anyone hlep me how to access the settings for viber in samsung galaxy s3? I want to remove or deactivate the vibrate function in my viber
for incoming message or call.

I tried to deactivate the vibrate function in my s3 settings but nothing happens. So I thought there is a separate settings for viber but I can not find it
in my phone. My phone by the way is Samsung S3 model SC-03E from Docomo Japan.

Thanks. Your respond is higly appreciated

nyb zfr shhzd

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site

hey can anyone tell me why i receive a box instead of smileys on my viber , specificaly sent from iphone to my samsung s3????????????
please