[Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.

Melissa Haines

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
:':)':)'( Someone help me please........I did a factory reset on my Galaxy 3 phone & it just keeps getting stuck on the Samsung Logo with a blue light blinking. I have followed the steps to the reboot but still keep getting stuck on the Samsung logo. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE I need some help because I really need my phone for my job. Thank you, Melissa

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
:':)':)'( Someone help me please........I did a factory reset on my Galaxy 3 phone & it just keeps getting stuck on the Samsung Logo with a blue light blinking. I have followed the steps to the reboot but still keep getting stuck on the Samsung logo. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE I need some help because I really need my phone for my job. Thank you, Melissa

Welcome to the forums. You may need to reflash the stock ROM with a PC program called Odin. You can get ROM files from either Sammobile or Samsung updates.

More info on Odin:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-samsung-how-flash-stock-rom-via-odin.html

dustyp

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
The instructions on how to boot into recovery mo longer work on a Samsung Galaxy Tab2 10.1 tablet.
When you hold power and vol up at the same time, the logo no longer appears.
It just brings up a warning screen that a custom OS can cause critical problems.
It then goes on to say that if you want to download a custom OS, press the volume down key or volume
up to cancel.
Pressing volume down goes to the ODIN screen. Downloading... Do not turn off target!!
It stays on that for hours, doing nothing.
Are there new instructions?

Last edited:

dustyp

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
I have since discovered that I will be able to download a previous stock version by running odin3 on my workstation and hopefully regain the ability to run recovery and upgrade to Lollipop.

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
This method of booting into the recovery no longer works for me on my Samsung galaxy Tab2 10.1
I have used it in the past, but trying to use it this weekend, holding down the power button and volume up until the logo appears does not work. Instead, a warning appears that installing a custom OS can cause critical problems, and that if I want to download a custom OS, press the volume down key or volume up to cancel.
On pressing volume down, I am taken to an ODIN load screen. Downloading... Do not urn off target!! which it stays on for many hours until I power it off.
Has anybody got any idea on what I should do next, please?
Long press the power button to simulate a battery pull. As for the rebooting into recovery, I'm just making sure, but you did hold just power and volume up?

From an AOSP M8

dylan amatsahip

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
if i do the power button thing, i don't end up on the screen with a blue bar. first it asks me if i want to download a custom os, if i continue with it, it just brings me to the odin mode. if i cancel it, it'll just turn my tab on. what am i doing wrong? i can't seem to get to the screen with options. i have android version 4.2.2 20150331_211750.jpg

quattrocinco

Jul 6, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

I am an S3 user. My problem is that my wifi and mobile data automatically turns on even if I turned it off. There are a lot of ads popping up too. I tried the reboot thing but it didn't work. How can I fix it? Thank you.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Is WiFi scanning always on in Settings>WiFi>advanced WiFi?

From my G4
Android Central Ambassador Team Leader

OHMY728

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Following these didn't work for me and my Galaxy S3. I actually had to: 1) clear the cache partition, 2)apply the updates from the cache and then 3) factory reset in order for the phone to reboot and fully restart.

Thanks for all the help Android fam!

dynamoau

Dec 13, 2015
Visit site
i have a s3 phone just after system update i did a cache clean and factory reset now when it boots i get as far as time settings screen the it wont go
any further as i get popup saying " unfortunately , Google play services has stopped " so im stuck at the moment with a boat anchor
please help me obi one kinobi your my only hope LOL

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
i have a s3 phone just after system update i did a cache clean and factory reset now when it boots i get as far as time settings screen the it wont go
any further as i get popup saying " unfortunately , Google play services has stopped " so im stuck at the moment with a boat anchor
please help me obi one kinobi your my only hope LOL

Sorry about the delay. I would try resetting app preferences. This can be done in settings>apps>menu>reset app preferences.

patwarimk

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
when i press power+volume down +menu on my samsung galaxy note 2.i am getting ODIN Mode and its not displaying any recover or reboot option. iam completly frozen please help me to recover my device.

hecatetyt

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
Hello please help! My Samsung Tab 2 GT-P3100 is at endless reboot and I tried hard reset. It doesnt work. for the nth time already. It only stays on for like, 25 seconds then reboots. Should I try waiting for the download of odin?

Edited: I wonder why theres no progress bar.

Last edited: