Samsung Galaxy S3 having really weird battery issues?

TheSpaceGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
My GS3 is giving me inaccurate battery readings or isn't charging at all. I would charge the phone for three hours and it would say that it has a full charge. 10 minutes later I would check my phone and it is down to 40%. I then remove the battery from the phone for a few minutes, put it back in, and now it would now say I have a 90% charge. This keeps happening over and over. I took it to AT&T and they replaced my battery. The problem is still on going so there has to be another problem. Anyone else ever have a similar problem, and if so what was the problem and how did you fix it?

Thank you!

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Are you using the OEM charger, a different AC charger, or connecting it to the USB port on a computer? Whatever, try a different charger, and different USB cable.

If it happens with multiple chargers (including the official Samsung charger, and different cables, it pretty much has to be the phone. Are you running any batter apps on your phone?

TheSpaceGuy

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the quick reply! I am using an AC charger. My roommate uses the same charger on his GS3 and it works perfectly fine. I am not running any battery apps on the phone.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
In that case, since you seem to have ruled out the battery and the charger, I'd take the phone back to AT&T and tell them that, and ask for a replacement phone.

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
a simple test is to recalibrate the battery stat indicator. it's advised to do this once in a while in order to refresh the battery indicator preventing inaccurate reading. just drain it till off 0% then recharge to 100% while the phone is in turned off state.
if this doesn't work and the battery is already brand new, then something isn't right with the phone software. i suggest getting an official software update.

Kim Simons

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
My S3 just started having problems like this this past week.
Using charger that came with phone. says 100% battery, then unplug and it all of a sudden notifies me that it is at 30%...was hoping that it was a notification issue, but then phone dies quickly.
At one point the icon in top left even showed full battery, but was notified of 27% battery left...Help!! I love my S3...can't think of anything that has changed (it is 1 year old)

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
It could be the battery - have you tried a replacement?
Otherwise the suggestions provided above still apply. You could try turning the phone off while it's charging to let it fully charge.
Do you have the current firmware for your model/carrier?
Did you recently receive an OTA?
Did you perform a Factory Reset after the last update?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95