Navigation App missing after Google Maps Update

Kelempin

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Mine has disappeared too. I used it about a week ago but when I went to use it yesterday it had completely disappeared from my phone (HTC Sensation XL). I ended up using Google Maps which was able to link with my contacts address (is that new too?). I'd like to know if it is coming back.

- - - Updated - - -

Mine has disappeared too. I used it about a week ago but when I went to use it yesterday it had completely disappeared from my phone (HTC Sensation XL). I ended up using Google Maps which was able to link with my contacts address (is that new too?). I'd like to know if it is coming back.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

- - - Updated - - -

Toward the top of the screen in Maps is a Y shaped icon. That is navigation.

Sent from a SlimROM S3.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Oh no!! I lost my blue thingy icon and don't know where it is. MEYERWEB.....can you tell me where it is?!?!?!?!?

......lol.........

.....I don't know how you do it but I would of been banned a long time ago, lol! Thankfully, I'm not here enough to be bothered that much! :)

I did come to this thread because I, along with everyone else, had discovered that the dedicated icon to Google Nav wasn't there anymore just yesterday! So, I pulled up Maps and went in through there since I've done that in the past many times. Noticed the newer(ish) Navigation and caught the Beta message Google put right before it fired up. It was quite buggy for me. Was making me do unnecessary loops when I should just go straight and showing ridiculous routes that didn't make any sense, to me. Otherwise, it got me to my destination. Hope they fix or return it to its previous state.

Donald Partridge

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Stupid App Programmers. Should have sent a note pop up or something on the old icon

Also I need the + - zoom in zoom out keys on the screen. Don't like to have to use 2 fingers to stretch the screen when driving.

Much less safe and seems like a smaller screen. Verizon Navigate is better except I like the easy access destination stored addresses.

when someone tells you and address or I record it in it is there, I hit search then back out of the program until I am ready to go there. Then next time I open the program I can select the address just waiting for me there. It was great. Why make it harder.

CatB

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
If you go to settings and apps and select maps you can choose to uninstall updates. This will put back the navigation in your apps.

Yes, but the problem is, it will end up automatically updating it again soon enough so that in order to always see that blue arrow and use that great, older nav program, you need to keep deleting it. Total pain!

Is it just me, or is this replacement Google app horrible? I can't even figure out how to use it as a nav. It is horrific! Can anyone help me out????? I loved that "blue arrow" app and used it almost daily!

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I have no problem at all with the new version. It's just more integrated into Maps which is where it should be. I love the fact that I get alternate routes immediately upon startup and get to choose the one I want to take. History is also easier to see than before. Personally I think it's a really nice update.

ultimate_ed

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Thanks to the multiple comments from people on rolling back the update, I'm back on the old stable version.

I have a different but related question - I'm looking at putting Cyanogenmod on my tablet and I know I've got to install the Google apps in a separate download. When I do this, will I be able to go back to the older maps version from there, or will I be stuck with what comes with Gapps?

btiedt

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Thank you Michael for clearly explaining it is not the issue of dealing with changes, it is the point of lost functionality. I thought I was crazy not being able to find restaurants close by while on vacation. And this new release is so buggy it is terrible. Plus always having to retype my destination (or reselect it) after going to a different app is rediculous.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Yes, but the problem is, it will end up automatically updating it again soon enough so that in order to always see that blue arrow and use that great, older nav program, you need to keep deleting it. Total pain!

You can turn off automatic updating. The instructions for that have been posted in this thread, too. Multiple times, I believe.

sixty_four

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Yes, the fix is in the post directly above yours. And in about 100 of the posts previous to that.

Disabling the "connect with <insert social media network" feature on the forums would probably eliminate most of these types of posts. Based on post count and usernames, I imagine these class of users are doing a quick Google search, connecting to the forum via one of the search returns and blindly hitting the "connect with facebook/g+/etc" button and posting a "PLZ HELP" reply without reading a single thing. If registration even requires a teeny bit of effort, chances are the lazier people will take the extra 5 minutes to read instead of having to manually register.

I can understand the forum wanting a large population of participants but this is a clear example where the old adage "quality over quantity" applies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87