S3 seemingly dead.

SoggyNaan

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi, first thread here!

As per the title i think my phone is dead. I went to bed last night with it being on around 40% charge. I woke up this morning and seen the notification light was flashing - pressed power key and the scree didn't flash up (notificaiton light still flashing green). Home key, still nothing.

I took the battery out and put it back in to hard reset and now it won't come on at all. Plugged it into the mains and i'm not getting any charge symbol or the notification light suggesting it is being charged.

Ideas? I've oredered a new battery of Amazon just to check it isn't that. Battery capacity wasn't all that (had it just over a year) so i've oredered an Anker off Amazon just to check.

Alik Malix

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Take it to the Samsung store. That's what I do when I have questions about my phone. Something like that is serious - I'm sure they will be able to help - your phone isn't that old to be unsupported.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
1. Try a different charger AND cable
2. Take it to a carrier store

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 2

Alik Malix

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
1. Try a different charger AND cable
2. Take it to a carrier store

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 2

Carrier store wont help, they're trained to sell the device not troubleshoot it. You need to take it to Samsung Store near you...