Samsung Galaxy S3 - My Download Notifications won't Clear

Bingette

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

I got an upgrade to my Samsung s3 device last night and since then the download arrows that pop up at the top of the phone when something has been installed won't clear. I have about 10 of them I swipe them away but they come back. Any ideas how to stop this.

Thanks in advance :)

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Go to Settings -> Application manager -> ALL, scroll down and find 'Downloads' (there are two of them) and Clear cache, Clear data and Force close. Then restart the phone.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Angie Soto

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
I've been reading to go to settings, application manager, all...downloads to clear but once I get to application manager, there is no all or downloads. These download notifications are driving me crazy and I dont know how to make them stop! HELP!!!:'(

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
once I get to application manager, there is no all or downloads
The default view shows the DOWNLOADED apps
e5u6erad.jpg
If you swipe to the right you'll see the RUNNING apps, then swipe again to get to ALL apps
yvyhu4uh.jpg
Then just scroll down the list until you find Downloads.

If you just updated to 4.3 you probably have a different problem.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

FuzzyB

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Would the same thing apply when consistently getting new email notifications and there are no new emails? Stock email app.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
FuzzyB,
I haven't seen that mentioned in the 4.3 issues threads, but I certainly could have missed it.

Since 4.3 is specific to a few carriers at the moment you might have better luck looking in your carrier-specific sub-forum.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Any ideas how to stop this
From reading more about it - go into the Apps Drawer, find the 'Downloads' app, open it and clear the items in both tabs.

Geek_girl1

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Thank you so much. It fixed it.
-Tmobile samsung s3

Go to Settings -> Application manager -> ALL, scroll down and find 'Downloads' (there are two of them) and Clear cache, Clear data and Force close. Then restart the phone.

FsharpAsharp

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
This did go it for now. But when I download something new it reverts back and all the stuff shows up again...is there no better fix. Seems like a mighty big fault

robthomps82

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Ok, on my phone, GSIII upgraded to 4.3, I have the same issue. I went to Settings > Application Manager > ALL tab, then scrolled down to "Downloads". The Clear data and Clear cache was already grayed out. I then went to Download manager right above Downloads, and then Cleared data, which cleared the cache as well. Should that work? If not, would unchecking the show notifications work as a last resort? I just did what I mentioned above so I'm hoping it will work.

Jim Cabral

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Ohhhhhhh THANK YOU!!!! Small thing, getting rid of those notifications, but they were giving me the hives. Incidentally, it was the download manager, not the downloads app that was the culprit, so mentioning there were TWO to look out for saved me more frustration.

threebigboys

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
once you navigate to the Applications Manager, swipe your finger across the screen to slide to section. you will see the section change across the top beneath the heading Application Manager (Download; SD Card; Running; then ALL)

LMychajluk

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! I was having the same problem w/ my S3 since the Android update last week. My notifications were from Google Drive. I went as far as uninstalling the app and still had them. Clearing the data and cache from the Download Manager App seemed to be the ticket.

woahitsedd

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I know it's rather late; Someone like myself has a few queries about this, I'm fine with deleting the "Cache" but I'm afraid if I delete all the data I'm going to lose all my downloaded apps and so on, could someone help me out? As I have the problems with the notifications and it's annoying!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
woahitsedd,
Try this instead - find the app 'Downloads' in your Apps Drawer; open it and select both tabs and press the 'Clear list' button.