Galaxy s3 screen won't turn on

housemobile

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Phone was working fine earlier today. The battery ran out.

We got in my friends car and I hooked it up to his car charger. Tried to turn it on, it went to the Samsung screen then turned off. I assumed his car charger didn't work.

Got home. Plugged it in. Now the screen won't load at all, not even the Samsung screen. I can feel it vibrate when I hit the power button, but that's it. No LED lights or anything.

Things I have tried:

Removing the battery for various lengths of time and reinserting.
Booting in recovery mode (nothing happens)
Charging it for a long time
Different chargers
USB to computer

Things I haven't tried:

Different battery
???

Not sure what else to do here. I just don't see how it's a hardware problem as I didn't drop it or anything. It just stopped working. I don't know if my friends car charger had any effect on it, or if it decided to break when it lost battery power.

Any suggestions are helpful.

thanks

AndroidProf

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Try getting a different battery for test purposes, this sounds more like a battery issue than any other. Most likely, your friend's car charger somehow managed to fry your phone's battery (that is why mostly OEMs discourage 3rd party car chargers).

housemobile

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Try getting a different battery for test purposes, this sounds more like a battery issue than any other. Most likely, your friend's car charger somehow managed to fry your phone's battery (that is why mostly OEMs discourage 3rd party car chargers).

went to my carrier today. they gave me 2 batteries from old phones. phone works! however, the charging port does not work, so when this battery runs out my phone will be dead again.

I can look to replace my charging port, or is there another way I can charge my batteries?

housemobile

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
I'd fix it myself but don't have the time. Don't want to be phoneless while I wait for the parts to come in. Decided to pay $50 and it is being fixed now. I also bought an external charger, so if something happens again I'll at least be able to charge my battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress