Samsung Galaxy S3 issues after update to Kitkat from Jellybean?

ohteenuhx3

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Yesterday, I updated to Kitkat 4.4.2 from the previous jellybean system. The update went smoothly and nothing seemed to be wrong with it. After I started playing around with my phone (using social sites and apps) I noticed that my battery was draining very, very quickly. Before the update, one single battery charge would last me the entire day. I placed my phone to charger and I noticed it charged quite slow. Before, my phone could go from 50% to 100% in say, half an hour. This time, in half in hour, it only went up about 5%. I took the battery out, let it rest a while and then tried charging it again. Nothing happened, the issue was still there so not only was my battery draining at an alarming rate, it was also taking a while for it to charge. I got fed up with it today and decided to do restore it to factory made. I did. I thought it'd go back to jellybean, but it stayed on kitkat. This entire day has been a hassle with my phone, it won't charge at all now, I have to mess with the plug in, even though my charger is perfectly fine. When I try using a different charger, they don't even work. Only my charger seems to be working. I'm trying it on my computer (the USB part) now and it seems to be charging - very slowly. My sister also updated her system (same phone), it works perfectly. It's actually preserving her battery. Mine doesn't. I also have a friend with the Note 3 that is having the same issues as me. Is there anything I could do to try to fix it? I may take it to Metro PCS tomorrow, but I was hoping someone would have answers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa