S3's Micro sd card suddenly can't be read..

rac207

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
It just happened out of the blue, I opened My Album & saw the icon for the microsd card was a grey figurine with a lightning sign on it & it couldn't load my pics.

I restarted my S3, the grey icon was still there, the second time I restarted the whole album was gone!! -_-""

I know I shld hv back up my data, my baby's pics are in there & it means a lot... can anyone help??

I've tried using several softwares which I read on other threads (such as corrupted sd card recovery) to save it. The problem is that regardless of the program, it will hang even if I leave it running over night. My pc can still detect the card but once I try to open it, the pc just hangs..

Help pleaseee...!

oditius

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I wish I could, I have had sd card go corrupt on me several times in my life. Lucky that my pictures are uploaded automatically, or like you, I would be out a lot of pictures...

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
My pc can still detect the card
If you have a PC perhaps you should consider purchasing an SD card reader; then just remove the card from the phone and put it in the card reader and see if you have any better luck. Maybe some of that recovery software will work better then.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Let me guess. It's an older Sandisk that you used in another device before putting it in the phone.
Some have been able to access the card by protecting it in settings/security/encrypt. Others haven't been so lucky.

AC App on SGS3

rac207

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Oh... I forgot to mention that my pc is able to detect the micro sd card only when I place it into an adaptor. Its just that the recovery softwares hang half way...

My S3 can't even detect the card... keeping telling me to mount the card.

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi AxlMyk, its a new 32GB micro sd card actually. . I've been using it for a year now..

Cards made a year ago and older are suspect. I had a 32gb go bad, and sent it back to Sandisk for a new one. They will want to know ALL the info printed on the card. Get a magnifying glass.

AC App on SGS3

tshiker

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I did the same thing. They even wanted to know what kind of packaging the card came in! But in the end they sent me a new card and so far it's been behaving itself. I also auto back-up / up-load all of my pictures because of that experience!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress