Can a jailbroken Verizon Galaxy S3 be used in Europe (Poland)?

CRC70

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Verizon Galaxy S3 in Europe (Poland)

I just got a (free) jailbroken Verizon Galaxy S3 from work (it was a demo phone and, with newer models, no longer needed). I'd like to send it to my in-laws in Poland to use. I know phones programed for Verizon can be difficult to switch to other networks in the US. How about Europe (or Poland)? Any thoughts?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Verizon Galaxy S3 in Europe (Poland)

Welcome to the forums.

Verizon uses CDMA radios for the voice and 3G, while the LTE is a GSM based signal (GSM is probably the ones Poland uses). I would check which bands the carrier in Poland uses, and cross check against what the Verizon S3 has. (My guess is, it won't be able to work in Poland)

CRC70

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for this. Pretty much what I figured. Any thoughts on a Nexus 4 (got a couple of them as well). You can expect to see a Verizon S3 on eBay in the very near future :)

Thanks again.
C.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for this. Pretty much what I figured. Any thoughts on a Nexus 4 (got a couple of them as well). You can expect to see a Verizon S3 on eBay in the very near future :)

Thanks again.
C.
The Nexus 4 should have a much better chance being able to be used in Europe. I would still check to ensure it can be used on the carrier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress