Why is my Galaxy S3 showing the incorrect time for emails in my inbox?

galaxyquestion

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
Galaxy S3 is showing the incorrect time for emails in my inbox.

Hi,

Hope you are well?

1. My Galaxy S3 is showing the incorrect time for emails in my inbox. This has only started to occur in the last couple of days & I have not changed any settings. The general time setting on the handset is correct. Any idea how I can correct the email time please?

2. Also, separately Is there a way to adjust the SMS settings so I can see the time a message has been sent to me..rather than its arrival time?

Many thanks for your help,
Gary

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S3 is showing the incorrect time for emails in my inbox.

You are awfully concerned with time??? Anyway how is the time wrong for your emails? Is it the time you're sending them or the time they are coming in that's wrong? Have you looked at them on a pc or laptop to confirm that they are different than the time being displayed on your device? Have you adjusted the interval at which your email retrieves data packs? Sometimes when this is done to conserve battery power the result is a delay in inbound mail updates.

As for the SMS I don't know of any app that will tell you what time the message was sent to you opposed to the time it was received. Well maybe FaceBook messenger or Tango, but the sender has to be using that same app too and even at that it will say when whomever read the message but maybe not when it actually sent. Try the market but I'm not thinking you will have much luck on that front. I've seen apps that attach a timestamp to outbound messages. That would require your sender to be using that app to send you messages with the attached timestamp.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87