Samsung Galaxy S3 doenst charge with every USB cable?

skauder

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I have problems charging my Samsung S3.
I replaced the broken original cable with a new one. It doesnt charge the phone.
I tried different USB cables form different phones including one S3. Some charge some not, some very slow.
Its not a problem with the wall charger, i tried several and all work with a working cable.
What is that? I thought as long as I have the correct wall charger all USB cables should charge the phone?
Am i wrong?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! USB cables can fail, and some might only be intended for data transfer. How old are the various USB cables you've tried?

wesyates

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I have problems charging my Samsung S3.
I replaced the broken original cable with a new one. It doesnt charge the phone.
I tried different USB cables form different phones including one S3. Some charge some not, some very slow.
Its not a problem with the wall charger, i tried several and all work with a working cable.
What is that? I thought as long as I have the correct wall charger all USB cables should charge the phone?
Am i wrong?

You're close with the last guess. No, not all USB cables are made the same. Some won't even charge because they lack the power leads. Make sure you use the cables that came with your S3. I can't tell you how many go bad with off-brand cables.

Wayne Sanders

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
And if they are previously used, by you or someone else, and the phone port end is worn or spread open...I could just be worn out. I never had a cable I borrowed that wouldn't charge at all. Probably a bad cable...I have VERY gently squeezed the phone end of the cable with small pliers to get one to work. Fine for testing, but didn't last long.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non