Why won't my screen turn off after installing 4.4.2?

kiki_b18

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
I updated my phone a while back to firmware 4.4.2 and now my screen will not shut off or go to the lock screen. Pressing the button does not do anything. The auto time out on the screen is set for only a few seconds and does nothing. I can only get to the lock screen after the phone has been restarted.

I've been patiently waiting for an fix, but that does not seem to be coming. To make matters worse, I have not been able to use the Kies software to backup phone since this has happened. It says my device is not supported.

kiki_b18

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
I just wiped the cache partition and it fixed it! THANK YOU SO MUCH. I can't believe that was all it took! This has been a huge headache for me. You're amazing!

kiki_b18

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
I still have a notification that keeps popping up saying "Security Notice. Unauthorised actions have been detected. Tap here for more info." It wants me to restart my device which does nothing. I've had this since I installed that firmware upgrade too. Is there anything that can be done about it? It's annoying but at least my phone is much more functional now.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you root the phone? I wonder if something tripped Knox security.

See what happens if you go to Settings>Security and Clear Credentials.

kiki_b18

Apr 2, 2016
Visit site
"Clear Credentials" is greyed out, so I can't click on it. I haven't rooted my phone or messed around with it at all. I've been a pretty basic user with it actually. Thanks :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is this notification appearing in the notification panel, or is it a popup? If its in the notification panel, long-press it, then tap App Info to find out what is giving you the notification.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699