Enabling Google Text-to-speech and the messaging dictation option

feynman07

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I was dictating text messages using the microphone (located on the left of the space bar on the keyboard screen) in the messaging app to make use speech to text function. However, recently I disabled the google text-to-speech function by going to the following:

Settings --> Choosing "More" tab --> Application Manager --> Sliding to the "ALL" category --> Google Text-to-speech Engine

I turned off the service, forced stop, and cleared the data using the options available in the window. I didn't realize this affected the speech-to-text option in the default text messaging app that came with the phone. In the messaging app, the little microphone that used to be present to the left of the space bar is gone.

Going to the same location in the application manager, I enabled the Google Text-to-speech engine hoping to make the microphone available again. When I go back to the text messaging app the microphone option is still not present. Even if i press and hold the button just to the left of the space bar, the only options that are able do NOT include the microphone.

I have restarted my phone, I have removed the battery, and now I do not know what else to try to make the microphone reappear. Can someone help? Thank you.

Fabian Blandford

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Backup all your data with smart switch and Kies... then do a factory reset which will put you back to where you were when you got the phone new.. then re-add your data. You may still have to log in anew to Samsung, Google and emails etc.