Galaxy S4 Mini connection to Kies

Jackgl

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
I have Android 4.2.2 installed on my GS4 mini. Since a recent upgrade to Kies 2.6.1.13105_7, I have been unable to connect direct to PC with USB connection. I am able to connect with wireless connection, but my backup options are limited. Any suggestions on how to connect with USB or alternative app that will accomodate?

mdawdy

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
To connect to Kies via USB with my S4 mini i had to enable USBDebugging ...
  1. To unlock the Dev Options menu, go to Settings -> About Device and scroll down to the "Build Number."
  2. Now, tap on your "Build Number" five times, and you should see a toast notification pop up saying "Developer mode has been enabled."
  3. Voil?! Back out of the About Device menu and you'll see Dev Options back where it belongs, so you can turn on USB Debugging and whatever else you want to.
Some phones you need to tap Build Number 7 times.

EDIT: Additional info from Samsung/Kies tech support ...

Here below are the instructions of troubleshooting.

1. Enable USB debugging mode on the phone: Tap on Settings >> Developer options >> USB debugging mode.
  2. Turn off the handset.
  3. Remove the battery and wait for 30 seconds.
  4. Reinsert the battery and turn ON the device.
  5. Turn OFF (Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and GPS) if turned ON.
  6. Start a fresh connection between phone and the computer using compatible Samsung USB cable.
  7. Try with different USB ports available on your computer

Last edited:

Jackgl

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion mdawdy, but unfortunately, no change in the connectivity.
I am considering uninstalling the program and reinstalling the prior/original version that I installed when I got the S4 mini about a month ago, since it allowed to connect with the USB connection.

Shelter7

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion mdawdy, but unfortunately, no change in the connectivity.
I am considering uninstalling the program and reinstalling the prior/original version that I installed when I got the S4 mini about a month ago, since it allowed to connect with the USB connection.

I can tell you the reinstalling worked for me. Unfortunately, it`s the last solution, and not a very comfortable one, when you expect everything to work well on your new gadget

Jilly M

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same problem. I followed the developer / USB Debugging, but still no connection. Shelter7, do you have a link to the older vs?? Thanks