ROMs won't boot up completely

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Tried flashing both LiquidSmooth and SlimBean ony my S4 and they flash successfully but they won't boot up. They stay on their respective boot screens. Even after resetting and wiping the cache/dalvik cache. What am I doing wrong?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
what carrier and update are you running
say like att mdl or mf3 (just an example.) you can find these in settings>about phone

T-Mobile running 4.2.2 Build Number M919UVUAMDL
Using TWRP 2.6.0.0
ROM file ends it tmo so it is for my phone

Posted via Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Twrp 2.6.0.0 is really buggy try flashing 2.5.0.2. it is much more stable and may solve your issue.

I had tried 2.5.0.1 in the first place and had the same issue. Went back to 2.6 since it had worked for when I flashed CyanogenMod

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Maybe bad downloads did you check md5's. Do the roms recommend a certain recovery to flash with.
Is cache and dalvik cache the only thing you wiped before flashing? More in depth multiple wiping could help.
That's all I can think of with the info provided.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Maybe bad downloads did you check md5's. Do the roms recommend a certain recovery to flash with.
Is cache and dalvik cache the only thing you wiped before flashing? More in depth multiple wiping could help.
That's all I can think of with the info provided.

I'll check when I get home in about an hour. I'll try CM again since it flashed just fine when I tried it.