how to unlock s4 l720t sprint to gsm

Afnan Zarif

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
I need S4 720T to be unlocked for international use. Can you help with that ? How can I get that unlock for international user. Here, if I place an international sim in it, it says "INVALID SIM CARD".

iamme7299

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Unlocking for international travel

Traveling abroad? Sprint customers traveling abroad for a short period of time can have their Sprint service provisioned to allow for international roaming. See sprint.com/international for full details.

Sprint customers remaining abroad for an extended period of time may want to try to use their Sprint device with a foreign carrier. For certain devices engineered to include a SIM slot, Sprint may be able to unlock the device's SIM slot in order for a foreign carrier's SIM card to be inserted. Sprint will unlock, or facilitate the unlock of, the SIM slot of an applicable device for international travel under the following circumstances:
•The person requesting the unlock is a current Sprint customer who can provide the phone number or account number for the account.
•The person requesting the unlock can authenticate as the Account Holder or an Authorized Contact
•If the account is an ASL account: •There is no unfulfilled Service Agreement associated with the line of service.
•There is no outstanding Installment Billing Agreement balance associated with the device.

•The account is in good standing (including but not limited to: payments are current, no write-off balance, not associated with a phone sent to collections, etc.).
•The subscriber with which the device is associated has not previously unlocked another device within the past 12 months.
•The applicable device has been active on the associated line of service for at least 90 days.
•The device is currently active on a Sprint account.
•The device is capable of international SIM unlock.

Please note that unlocking the SIM slot does not allow for use with domestic (U.S.) SIMs. When using a foreign carrier's SIM it is important to note that all information, service and support must be provided by that carrier. You remain responsible for any charges to your Sprint account, as well as any charges from the foreign provider. Upon returning to the U.S., you may need to remove the foreign carrier's SIM to be able to acquire the Sprint network.

If you elect to use a foreign carrier's SIM in a locked device for use on international GSM networks, please contact Sprint Worldwide Care to unlock the device SIM slot. Sprint Worldwide Care can be reached via chat or email from sprint.com/swwsupport or by calling 6s888-226-7212.

Rakesh Jena1

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
I want to unlock my Galaxy S4 doemstic and intenationaly SPH-L720, I am in USA.
I have paid contacrt brekage money and have unlock code from Sprint, So please help me.

Thanks
Rakesh

Rakesh Jena1

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
I want to unlock my Galaxy S4 doemstic and intenationaly SPH-L720, I am in USA.
I have paid contacrt brekage money and have unlock code from Sprint, So please help me.

Thanks
Rakesh

ACE3740

Mar 7, 2015
Visit site
It is very easy to unlock your SIM, just download the attached .apk to your phone and run it. You can also find it here: (see attachment for link because this is my first post and you need 10 to post links). There is a built in *ONLINE MANUAL* in the app. But in short this handy little app can do many things like Unlock your SIM with one click of a button, it will show you your phones MSL#, get hidden menus and toggle buttons with one click, as well as enable sprints native hotspot for free! I can confirm that it does work on the SPH-L720T because I use it myself :)

*** NOTE: In regards to galaxy tools, idone provided this wisdom: To use GSM outside the US it is as simple as pressing the unlock sim button in galaxy tools. If you want to use it in the US: only S4, Note 3, and Mega's(Mega's that haven't been updated to 4.4.x) can, but you also need to downgrade baseband (modem) to MK5 first, then navigate to UE SETTING & INFO>SETTING>PROTOCOL>GCF>[1] and reboot.

Let me know if it works for you guys!!! Time for a beer... later peoples!!!

Attachments

• GTv3.0.8.apk
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,499
  • Link to GalaxyTools APK.doc
    21.5 KB · Views: 999
Last edited:

ACE3740

Mar 7, 2015
Visit site
Copy it to your phones SD card and then make sure "Uknown Sources" is checked in Settings>More>Security> and then install it. (YOUR PHONE MUST BE ROOTED)

wesleyfrommd

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
I just got a Sprint S4 (L720T with version 4.4.2) and i am trying to get it unlocked for Verizon. My baseband version is L720TVPUBOA3. I downloaded the link to my device. Not what?

THnx

grneyedfox

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
I'm new to this site and I'm trying to download the attached files you reference in your post. I'm sure it's user error but I can't get them to open at all...any chance you can repost them or email them to me??? Thank you in advance for your time.

BizzNessMan

May 13, 2015
Visit site
Hello,
I am new to the galaxy s4. My problem is I have T-Mobile service and the Gs4 is Sprint. Can i sim unlock this phone although it has no service? I would like to be able to do it myself for free using the Gs4. I do not have a desktop or laptop available. Please Help if possible, it would be GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thank you!

MODEL- SPH-L720T
BASEBAND- L720TVPUBOA3
ANDROID VERSION -4.4.2

Rsnndroid

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
I am getting new SPH-L720T, I would like to sim unlock for international use. ACE3740 instructions are very helpful. But as a first step to root, do I root before 5.0.1 ota update or How do I root SPH-L720T with Android 5.0.1. If I root first with kitkat, doing ota 5.0.1 would brick the phone? I see all rooting information for Kitkat nothing for lollipop. thanks

Alan1234

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi ACE3740, I have Sprint phone but the problem is its locked and has bad esn due to the reported as stolen. If it has bad esn will it still work for international use?

Last edited:

bobtheballa

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
It is very easy to unlock your SIM, just download the attached .apk to your phone and run it. You can also find it here: (see attachment for link because this is my first post and you need 10 to post links). There is a built in *ONLINE MANUAL* in the app. But in short this handy little app can do many things like Unlock your SIM with one click of a button, it will show you your phones MSL#, get hidden menus and toggle buttons with one click, as well as enable sprints native hotspot for free! I can confirm that it does work on the SPH-L720T because I use it myself :)

*** NOTE: In regards to galaxy tools, idone provided this wisdom: To use GSM outside the US it is as simple as pressing the unlock sim button in galaxy tools. If you want to use it in the US: only S4, Note 3, and Mega's(Mega's that haven't been updated to 4.4.x) can, but you also need to downgrade baseband (modem) to MK5 first, then navigate to UE SETTING & INFO>SETTING>PROTOCOL>GCF>[1] and reboot.

Let me know if it works for you guys!!! Time for a beer... later peoples!!!

Thanks... I'll try and let you know

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress