S4 has horrible Pentile Matrix Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
"The somewhat underwhelming first impression however all but changed when we switched on that gorgeous 5" FullHD AMOLED display. The thing is absolutely stunning - every AMOLED fan will love it and even those who aren't too fond of the oversaturated colors will have to admit that it's a brilliant piece of engineering. And don't worry - as usual, Samsung has included a setting to tune the saturation down for a more natural look." GSM Arena

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Funny those complaining about pentile have no clue it isn't even the same layout, it's the diamond layout of pixels. How about you go actually use one and then judge it.

Why do people think that every manufacturer's implementation of PenTile displays is the same?

"Diamond matrix" is also a form of Pentile. From what I've seen it's superior than Samsung's previous Pentile layouts. Nobody is going to notice the subpixel arrangement while viewing the phone. The pixels are just far too small to see with the naked eye.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
"Diamond matrix" is also a form of Pentile. From what I've seen it's superior than Samsung's previous Pentile layouts. Nobody is going to notice the subpixel arrangement while viewing the phone. The pixels are just far too small to see with the naked eye.

Agree. People just like to complain, just like the "cheap plastic" arguments

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Samsung makes horrible phones with cheap plastic displays and cheap pentile cases. They are the worst phones ever and will be horrible because I said so. My phone is so much better than yours because it sells so much worse and that means that it's cool and you're a sell out.

Sent from my Note 2 :)

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Samsung makes horrible phones with cheap plastic displays and cheap pentile cases. They are the worst phones ever and will be horrible because I said so. My phone is so much better than yours because it sells so much worse and that means that it's cool and you're a sell out.

Lol...... my dad can beat up your dad

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site

Now wait. You are going about it wrong. Instead of saying how great it is, we should be saying how awful, don't buy Samsung. Supply will go up, prices will come down. I remember that from high school economics class. Vaguely. I might have left a few things out :)

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Just got 55inch LG OLED 3D TV at work its freaking amazing . I didn't get a picture of the screen yet for some reason some one here told me not to but here is a side view so you can see how thin it is

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364413095697.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364413095697.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 42

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Just got 55inch LG OLED 3D TV at work its freaking amazing . I didn't get a picture of the screen yet for some reason some one here told me not to but here is a side view so you can see how thin it is

I don't see anything, are you sure you have a new tv? :p (Kidding, I totally see it.)

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I don't see anything, are you sure you have a new tv? :p (Kidding, I totally see it.)

Picture doesn't do it justice since there is glare and its in 3D. Ill try to take a picture tonight in the dark if they don't lock it up which im sure they will

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364413748972.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364413748972.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 36

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it's hard to get pictures like that depending on the environment you're in. Is that Avatar?

Yeah its the demo video they sent with the glasses on it looks so great. If you are standing on the side you can see those white fairy things pop out of the screen and looks like they are floating around the room. I was super impressed.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah its the demo video they sent with the glasses on it looks so great. If you are standing on the side you can see those white fairy things pop out of the screen and looks like they are floating around the room. I was super impressed.

I was never a fan of 3D TV's. I always found them to be way too expensive and the 3D isn't that good. EXCEPT for Avatar. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.