I'm sorry but....

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm indifferent, owning the N4, but with that said, these forums are a chaotic, vicious nightmare when new flagship devices are released.

Buy what you like, who cares what anyone has to say about.

I enjoy perusing other forums because I enjoy the discussions even if I have no intention of buying said devices, but both sides here (One & S4) have been downright obnoxious (of course not all, the few have ruined this experience for the majority).

However, to write something on topic, I feel as though the One does feel nicer, in my opinion (both materials and just as importantly, design); that said, the S4 also feels like a quality, well built device.

Too many people are caught up and confusing the difference between build "quality" verse "material." They both feel like quality devices, IMHO.

That is all, enjoy.

Wilbur

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Goes both ways...

And I really want asking a serious question. A high amount of threads in this section end up being about plastic vs aluminum, or One vs S4. Same with the One section.

Might need to do some cleaning up later...

Every review I read from so-called neutral professional journalists comparing the HTC One to the Samsung GS4 mentioned the metal vs plastic materials mantra. Now people, like myself, actually handled and played with both are coming away shaking their heads amazed about the quality feel and experience from handling the GS4. So why do you want to put a damper on it? I feel like most reviewers were not honest when they continually harped on the plastic GS4. And the video your company put together walking in some park in FULL sunlight asking people which one they preferred is ridiculous. What a joke.

Most people that follow the business end of both companies know it might be do-or-die for HTC if the One isn't a smash hit with mega sales. I for one hope enough people like and buy the One to keep HTC from going belly-up and out of business.

KeboPR

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
The funniest thing is that those people that say it feels cheap probably use a cover case in all their phones and they don't feel anything.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Android Central Forums

Podunks

Banned
Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Geez another one of these threads? Aren't you guys tired of repeating yourself yet?

With as many people as there are deciding they need to bother people in the S4 section by hopping over from the One section, I would think this would be a nice change of pace....

How many One owners have come over trolling about their device and how superior it must be before the S4 was even in any ones hands? They had not felt it, had not seen it in person, and yet felt the need to fill this section with garbage.

Now we are getting people who saw all of that, have now held both devices, and understand how wrong those trolls were and want to state so.

All it can do is help give opposing insight into the current phone battle.

Last edited:

lou61166

Banned
Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Goes both ways...

And I really want asking a serious question. A high amount of threads in this section end up being about plastic vs aluminum, or One vs S4. Same with the One section.

Might need to do some cleaning up later...

I have been on both forums and could not agree more.

omniusovermind

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
OK so Samsung's advertisements employ all kinds of hyping of things most people don't care that much about in order to promote their products and that's OK because some of you will defend it as gospel truth. But god forbid if any media outlets are guilty of the same attitude for another phone right? :rolleyes:

Relletti

Trusted Member
Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
The s4 is not cheap looking or feeling at all. I went by the store and picked up the htc one and yes I thought I felt nice. Then I saw the s4 and picked it up....come on really guys? I think that the media has been trying to push the htc one too much. The s4 felt great in the hand and looks great. The picture I had in my mind after reading all the articles is exact opposite of what the s4 is. I understand everyone has their own opinion on what's premium and cheap feeling...but really?...come on!

I'm addicted to the phone

I'm glad there is a few people who feel this way. I think the media is trying to push the htc one Big time. Every article is making it seem like the s4 is the worst phone to hold.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Every review I read from so-called neutral professional journalists comparing the HTC One to the Samsung GS4 mentioned the metal vs plastic materials mantra. Now people, like myself, actually handled and played with both are coming away shaking their heads amazed about the quality feel and experience from handling the GS4. So why do you want to put a damper on it? I feel like most reviewers were not honest when they continually harped on the plastic GS4. And the video your company put together walking in some park in FULL sunlight asking people which one they preferred is ridiculous. What a joke.

Most people that follow the business end of both companies know it might be do-or-die for HTC if the One isn't a smash hit with mega sales. I for one hope enough people like and buy the One to keep HTC from going belly-up and out of business.

I feel I need to address something. I'm a VOLUNTEER. So are the rest of the Mods (and the Ambassadors, too).

Why the emphasis on FULL sunlight? Don't people use their phones in full sunlight? How was it unfair? How was it a joke?

I wonder, would S4 fans and owners be complaining if the roles were reversed? If all the reviews were in favor of the S4 instead of the One.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad there is a few people who feel this way. I think the media is trying to push the htc one Big time. Every article is making it seem like the s4 is the worst phone to hold.

I got the impression that it was an attitude of "more of the same" with the S4.

trandz

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I don't feel its cheap either. Much more solid than the gs3. Compared to the one its obviously the cheaper of the two but honestly who cares. The gs4 is light and in my opinion much easier to operate with one hand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

Gathomblipoob

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I have the HTC One, but I tried an S3 last year. I know the housing is plastic, but I really didn't have a problem with that. The phone still felt solid to hold. Yes, it could flex a bit here and there, but it never had a cheap feel, in my opinion. It's just a matter of personal taste, I guess.

yousmell

Apr 13, 2013
Visit site
This phone feels right. .looks classy with the aluminum look around the sides. Ive put my s2 s3 note and note 2 in their box and in a draw. .s4 all the way

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
My dogs better than your dog, my phones battery is bigger, your phone is plastic, ewwww your phone has motoblur, blah blah blah yada yada yada.
I'm glad the s4 isn't the same as the one, the one isn't like the dna, the dna isn't like the Maxx, etc etc.

If all android phones were the same you would have the I phone. I thought the draw of android was customization and freedom, the ability to root, run a rom of choice, use widgets, make bob's phone different than Tom's.

Your phones crap my phones crap but at least we have the option of which piece of crap we use.

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.

Alex trebek

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
My dogs better than your dog, my phones battery is bigger, your phone is plastic, ewwww your phone has motoblur, blah blah blah yada yada yada.
I'm glad the s4 isn't the same as the one, the one isn't like the dna, the dna isn't like the Maxx, etc etc.

If all android phones were the same you would have the I phone. I thought the draw of android was customization and freedom, the ability to root, run a rom of choice, use widgets, make bob's phone different than Tom's.

Your phones crap my phones crap but at least we have the option of which piece of crap we use.

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.

Thank you. This is my point. Every person has different needs

Sent from my HTC Rhyme

gruppe3942#AC

May 28, 2010
Visit site
My reason for this post was not to say that the s4 is better than the htc one or vice versa. Just that I personally think people have been to unrealistic with the s4.
In my opinion it started out when they were saying the s4 was an incremental update like the iPhone 4S which I totally disagree with.
Just because Samsung used plastic does not make it a premium device. Who ever labeled premium device with aluminum.
iPhone 5 is a high end device? Please I can take a coin to the edge of the phone and tap it hard enough and it will make a pretty serious indent. Oh and let's not talk about how easily the back surface of the phone is easily scratched.

I'm addicted to the phone

Wilbur

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I feel I need to address something. I'm a VOLUNTEER. So are the rest of the Mods (and the Ambassadors, too).

Why the emphasis on FULL sunlight? Don't people use their phones in full sunlight? How was it unfair? How was it a joke?

I wonder, would S4 fans and owners be complaining if the roles were reversed? If all the reviews were in favor of the S4 instead of the One.

Its very difficult to use any LCD/AMOLED device in full sunlight. Why did the producers choose that situation? Wasn't there a coffee cafe nearby with better lighting? IF I remember right the questions asked the "random people in the park" induced the viewer to believe these people would make a major purchasing decision costing hundreds of dollars and probably locking them into a multi-year contract based on a 1 minute exposure to both devices in harsh sunlight. I was shocked this web site would stoop so low to somehow illustrate that people would like device A or device B. Here you are asking us -- the REAL volunteers -- to tone back our new found enthusiasm for a product the so-called professional journalists lambasted in review after review for having cheap plastic construction. I walked out of the AT&T store today after examining the S4 and HTC One with profound disappointment with the reviewers who repeated the anti-plastic mantra.

Reverse the reviews? Why? I expect neutral honesty from all professional reviewers worth any salt.

patelkedar91

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site

I think the S4 is getting a really bad rap.. that's the only reason I defend it. I've been a long-standing HTC fan but think it's ridiculous how much Samsung is getting bashed on.

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Mine is in a nice Rocketfish case, so none of this nonsense some folks are blathering on about bothers, nor concerns me at all. My supposed "cheap feeling" S III brought me $262 thanks to the Best Buy Trade In program. I made way more than I paid for the phone ($99) by trading up to the S 4. I expect the S 4 to do about the same next go round.