I'm sorry but....

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
TIL learned that I can't afford the restocking fee on phones I got for free from my boss, and I can't dress myself in the morning. All because someone on the Internet has a different opinion from mine.

Y'all keep on fighting. I'm going to pretend none of it exists and play with my new phone.
Kevin, holler at me if you need me back in either the S4 section or the HTC One section :)

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
actually, I think the average user would be better off with the S4! Thiner, lighter, smaller, better fit in the hand, and more durable! So many more software options...yes, maybe many of which will not be useful to everyone, but it only takes one of these features to be killer! For me it is the high sensitivity screen, anyone that has to remove gloves in cold weather will LOVE the GS4!
While there are some that will buy the One for it's sense of style, as the GS3 proved, there are many, many more that will purchase the GS4 to use!

So you see, you can debate both sides of that coin!

There is also another point no one seems to be talking about...familiarity...all of those Galaxy S and Galaxy S2 owners coming off contract generally love Touch Wiz and will for a large part go for the GS4! I really think that is why Samsung stayed the course with the S4 being similar to the S3! It wasn't meant for S3 owners who are currently commited to a 2 year contract

Cheers

Actually, they're about the same size. The S4 is a millimeter wider, the One about a millimeter taller. Neither phone is noticeably thicker, the One is just 1.2 millimeter.

And in the kindest possible way, I have to say I think you'd be crazy to assume that a new or non-tech savvy user would prefer the jumbled mess (both visually and functionally) that is touchwiz.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
TIL learned that I can't afford the restocking fee on phones I got for free from my boss, and I can't dress myself in the morning. All because someone on the Internet has a different opinion from mine.

Y'all keep on fighting. I'm going to pretend none of it exists and play with my new phone.
Kevin, holler at me if you need me back in either the S4 section or the HTC One section :)

Bickering about nerdy stuff is one of the things that makes nerds nerds. New Hope or Empire, man?

jokout1

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
sadly, this cuts both ways and there are plenty of Sami fanboys spouting off in the HTC forums!
The real purpose of these forums is to have INTELLIGENT discussion about our devices! Not act like 10 year olds in the play ground!

Cheers

srmojuze

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
HTC One is impressive but screen while very crisp does not have the "oomph" of One X nor Samsung S3/4.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

srmojuze

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for 3rd post but to clarify right now Android is kicking ****, HTC One and S4 my top picks though the edge in my view goes towards S4.

As for Apple... sigh.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Bickering about nerdy stuff is one of the things that makes nerds nerds. New Hope or Empire, man?

A new hope without a doubt. I remember setting thru it 3 times in the same day. In 77 in our town you could pay admission once and stay thru several showings.

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Michael Jordan has forgotten more basketball knowledge in a week than I'll know in my lifetime. With all that knowledge the greatest player of all time is in charge of one of the most pathetic teams of all time due to his bad decisions. Just because you're knowledgeable on a subject does not mean you're always correct and people should have enough common sense to know when they are being fed a pile of crap.

My phone is a good One!

Good point the bobcats was hot when they FIRST came out with felton may Wallace but now they hot trash lol.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

Dot606

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I would be happy to have a S4 or One. I have an iphone 5 and am jealous of my sons phones. I bought one son a One two weeks ago and my other son a S4 on release day and I am stuck with this iphone. My display looks terrible compared to their phones. I cannot wait until my contract is up.