I'm sorry but....

Podunks

Banned
Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
The animations catching occasionally is not lag. I've said it, I believe Jerry said it here, etc. It's easily remedied, if you have it at all, by changing the animation scale in dev settings. Can you fix the One's unresponsive capacitive buttons in settings? Or the gaps/screen sticking out in the design? Or the Nexus 4s inability to be put on its back without sliding/muffling the speaker?

And I could be wrong, but it sounds like you don't even own the S4. I do; it doesn't lag.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

I think you are right, but return has been on the S4 forums for awhile now bashing it, whilst never having used one...

You decide what type of behavior that is.

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I can't believe how many of you Sammy fanbois come on here and lie about lag! I have seen it first hand on my brothers phone before he took it back! The phone is a laggy mess that you would expect on a low end phone!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I think you are right, but return has been on the S4 forums for awhile now bashing it, whilst never having used one...

You decide what type of behavior that is.

It definitely stutters a bit or hesitates from time to time. I notice it when adding a pic to a text message

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Podunks

Banned
Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I can't believe how many of you Sammy fanbois come on here and lie about lag! I have seen it first hand on my brothers phone before he took it back! The phone is a laggy mess that you would expect on a low end phone!

LOL! Another HTC One user in the wrong section getting upset.

It definitely stutters a bit or hesitates from time to time. I notice it when adding a pic to a text message

This should resolve that.

Hey BTC and others...

Just go to developer option in the settings and turn down "transition animation scale" to .5 or 0 and say goodbye to any stuttering. Leave window setting at 1 if you want the screen off animation, or 0 if you don't want it.

Don't play with anything else or I'm not reasonable for any problems.

Enjoy

sent with my 2 year old HTC evo3d

jokout1

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
If the S4 lags, it is due to the same factory setting that effected the S3! Reset the Transision animation and the Window animation settings in Developer options and ALL LAG is eliminated! PERIOD! This has been posted earlier in this and many other threads! I don't want to be insulting, BUT, can't you read!?
If you love your HTC One, fine! I'm happy for you! Be happy with your choice...You don't have to come in here and put down the GS4 to make yourself feel better!

Cheers

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I disagree. It is about the same as the S3 materials wise. Next to the One, iPhone 5, and Lumia 920, the S4 is a cheap feeling phone. On its own, without any of those comparisons, it's serviceable. But it doesn't exist in a vacuum, and it will be compared to those devices. In comparison, it falls flat on its face.

The finish of the plastic (the cross hatch pattern) is certainly not helping matters either. Especially on the black phone its a very cheap looking design.

Oh, and before anyone attacks me for expressing my opinion: Even though I have a One, when T-mobile gets the S4 in store I'll be taking a closer look at it. Even though I dislike the plastic, I'm not going to discount the phone entirely because of it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Podunks

Banned
Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I disagree. It is about the same as the S3 materials wise. Next to the One, iPhone 5, and Lumia 920, the S4 is a cheap feeling phone. On its own, without any of those comparisons, it's serviceable. But it doesn't exist in a vacuum, and it will be compared to those devices. In comparison, it falls flat on its face.

The finish of the plastic (the cross hatch pattern) is certainly not helping matters either. Especially on the black phone its a very cheap looking design.

Oh, and before anyone attacks me for expressing my opinion: Even though I have a One, when T-mobile gets the S4 in store I'll be taking a closer look at it. Even though I dislike the plastic, I'm not going to discount the phone entirely because of it.

My own personal experience with the device is what I base my opinion off of and the S4 feels far superior to the Lumia 920, which sibling owns. Unless you are strictly talking about weight of a device making it more premium.

So you have no experience with the device yet?

Yeah, just turn everything off and you will be fine! Lol

I really dont understand why so many One owners come into the S4 section spewing garbage... Are you not happy enough with your device to go hang out in the One section, instead of starting crap here? Seriously though.

jokout1

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
While I don't want to sound like I'm wearing a tin foil hat here, I am starting to get the feeling that many in the so called "tech media" have been consiously trying to plant this "cheap" lable on all Samsung products for some time now and have taken special aim at the recent flagship devices in the GS3 and now GS4! It has been known for some time now that HTC is at the financial end of their rope while Samsung has become the "tech monster" that everyone loves to hate! It almost seems that Samsung and Apple have become equals in that most hated catagory at the top of the industry pile! so be it!
It just seems to me that many in the media world are taking every opportunity to promote the HTC One and nock the GS4! Yes, I know that the One is a fine device, BUT, it does have issues and this is NEVER reported! At the same time the GS4 is "cheap" and touch wiz is crap and none of the new features are of any use! One of the Engadget Tech editers has actually called the GS4 a "TURD"! Now the S4 may be made of plastic, but it's NO TURD! Sad thing here is this opinion came admitedly after exactly 50 min. with a pre-production device with unfinished software! But then again, Mirium has never been one to be too be impartial! Let's face it,if you want removable batteries and SD cards, lite weight, and thin profile, the way you do it is a polycarbinate case and Samsung is the best in the business at puting this all in one package!

When it comes right down to it, pick the phone that makes you happy! Either phone will be a great device for you!

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
My own personal experience with the device is what I base my opinion off of and the S4 feels far superior to the Lumia 920, which sibling owns. Unless you are strictly talking about weight of a device making it more premium.

So you have no experience with the device yet?

I really dont understand why so many One owners come into the S4 section spewing garbage... Are you not happy enough with your device to go hang out in the One section, instead of starting crap here? Seriously though.

I used the S4 in a sprint store. Its materials are below any of its competitors, Lumia included. Samsung has been stuck in neutral as far as materials go since the original galaxy s.

gruppe3942#AC

May 28, 2010
Visit site
the thing is that they equate cheapness to the material. Yes, it's made from plastic, but the phone looks and feels good. If I am going to be carrying around a phone this size, I don't want it to be heavy.

Couldn't agree with you more. Plastic does not equal cheap.

I'm addicted to the phone

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
While I don't want to sound like I'm wearing a tin foil hat here, I am starting to get the feeling that many in the so called "tech media" have been consiously trying to plant this "cheap" lable on all Samsung products for some time now and have taken special aim at the recent flagship devices in the GS3 and now GS4! It has been known for some time now that HTC is at the financial end of their rope while Samsung has become the "tech monster" that everyone loves to hate! It almost seems that Samsung and Apple have become equals in that most hated catagory at the top of the industry pile! so be it!
It just seems to me that many in the media world are taking every opportunity to promote the HTC One and nock the GS4! Yes, I know that the One is a fine device, BUT, it does have issues and this is NEVER reported! At the same time the GS4 is "cheap" and touch wiz is crap and none of the new features are of any use! One of the Engadget Tech editers has actually called the GS4 a "TURD"! Now the S4 may be made of plastic, but it's NO TURD! Sad thing here is this opinion came admitedly after exactly 50 min. with a pre-production device with unfinished software! But then again, Mirium has never been one to be too be impartial! Let's face it,if you want removable batteries and SD cards, lite weight, and thin profile, the way you do it is a polycarbinate case and Samsung is the best in the business at puting this all in one package!

When it comes right down to it, pick the phone that makes you happy! Either phone will be a great device for you!

I'll trust Miriams opinion over yours, no offense.

Did you also ever think that they're saying it because it's true?

jokout1

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
have you actually ever listened to Miriam's podcasts? I have done so for nearly 3 years now and she openly admits to being an Apple fangirl and LOVES Nokia! Her latest ADMITED hero project is saving HTC from bankrupcy! Knowledgable, but NOT impartial!

Cheers

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
have you actually ever listened to Miriam's podcasts? I have done so for nearly 3 years now and she openly admits to being an Apple fangirl and LOVES Nokia! Her latest ADMITED hero project is saving HTC from bankrupcy! Knowledgable, but NOT impartial!

Cheers

So? She's got more knowledge of the mobile industry than anyone here. She's also entitled to her opinion. Impartiality doesn't exist.

Podunks

Banned
Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I used the S4 in a sprint store. Its materials are below any of its competitors, Lumia included. Samsung has been stuck in neutral as far as materials go since the original galaxy s.

Man, you must have some very deep seated anger issues with Samsung/Galaxy devices... And do not even deny it. Your constant trolling on the device is ridiculously apparent. Wouldn't you be so much happier sticking to the One section and not worrying about the S4?

So silly.

americasteam

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site

So everyone that likes the S4 is a Sammy fanboy boy? I've had both devices. Have you chief? There are stutters here and there on the S4, but there was on the One on occasion. IMHO, the S4 is a much better device. That's not saying the One isn't an excellent device. It is. You kind of act like we don't have a choice in which device we purchase. We did, and many of us have chosen the S4. ;)

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Cracks me up that people love their phone soooooooo much but if everyone else doesn't love it to they get their panties in a wad over it.

Seriously people if you love it why does it matter what anyone but you thinks of it ?

And if you thinks it's no good go buy another phone and leave it to the people that do like it.

I like ketchup do you like ketchup ?
No?

You suck !

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.

Podunks

Banned
Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
So everyone that likes the S4 is a Sammy fanboy boy? I've had both devices. Have you chief? There are stutters here and there on the S4, but there was on the One on occasion. IMHO, the S4 is a much better device. That's not saying the One isn't an excellent device. It is. You kind of act like we don't have a choice in which device we purchase. We did, and many of us have chosen the S4. ;)

You cant have an opinion, as Samsung has actually brainwashed you... ;)

On another note, calling people fanboys is trite.

I am really disappointed in the way the One owners come here picking fights... We would like to just discuss the device.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
When Samsung starts paying people to bash the One and praise the GS4... what can ya do?

;)

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums