my air gestures don't work

Davidjacobs21

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I have the setting to on, and after seeing the review videos, all the places where they should work, they dont. Anybody have any ideas

Last edited by a moderator:

perrochingon

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: my air gestures dont work

Yeah I can't seem to get mine working either. I can use air gestures while viewing photos and I am able to swipe left and right. But I can't answer a phone call or wake my phone by swiping my hand over the phone. I also can't get the air view feature to work either. I'm curious to see how many people are also experiencing this issue.

Last edited:

perrochingon

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site

Did you guys turn on the features in the sub menu?

sent with my 2 year old HTC evo3d

Yeah. I even did a few restarts and toggled them on and off several times to see if that fixed it but I didn't have any luck

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

Does the Air Gesture icon appear in the top bar? It should be there when you are on a screen that accepts air gestures. I find in the browser I need to swipe down from the notification bar area towards the bottom of the screen to change pages.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

The gestures seem to work best in florescent lighting like in an office. I have a much higher success rate at work than at home.

perrochingon

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site

Does the Air Gesture icon appear in the top bar? It should be there when you are on a screen that accepts air gestures. I find in the browser I need to swipe down from the notification bar area towards the bottom of the screen to change pages.

Ok so air gestures works in browser. I was under the assumption that air gestures worked when someone called as well though. Maybe I'm wrong. I have yet to find an area on the phone where air view works.

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

Ok so air gestures works in browser. I was under the assumption that air gestures worked when someone called as well though. Maybe I'm wrong. I have yet to find an area on the phone where air view works.

Well there is Air Call-Accept. It is supposed to answer an incoming call when you wave your hand over the screen right to left. I just tried it and it works. Also, if there is a contact on the screen the phone will dial the contact when you place the phone to your ear. Just tried that as well and it works.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

For waking the phone and answering calls, swiping your hand over the Samsung logo while the device is laying on a flat surface seems to be necessary. As far as the browser/gallery are concerned, it can be used while in the hand. Your hand should be only a few inches above the sensor when swiping. Out of all the "gimmicky" features, Air Gesture is easily my favorite and I find myself using it often to wake my phone up and scroll through the gallery.

Air View can be used to preview messages more than one line in length in the messages application. It can be used on Flipboard, on the stock video player, on the calendar (while in the application, not on the widget), and in the gallery as a preview of all the photos under a certain album.

perrochingon

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site

So how do I put this..... Ok so I did not realize there is settings located within the settings with more settings within those settings for this stuff. I just got them working. Sorry guys. Total fail lol.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

So how do I put this..... Ok so I did not realize there is settings located within the settings with more settings within those settings for this stuff. I just got them working. Sorry guys. Total fail lol.

Ha. Well at least now you can get these things to work.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

Like I said, did u turn on the features in the sub menu....lol
I'm glad you found it and it works for you now.

sent with my 2 year old HTC evo3d

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

OK, you get my vote for the most honest poster on this Forum. Thanks.

Fahzan Mohammad

May 12, 2013
Visit site

Mine still doesn't work even though I have my all setting on, it was working in trial mode only n in gallery. It doesn't in email or in browser. Also my air hover doesn't work I can't see the email unless I tap on it.

Machy0926

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site

I've just bought GS4 since yesterday and I found an odd problem...
When I enable the air gestures for example air jump, air move etc. none of them works.
but when I try the training section they work correctly...
even It's icon doesn't appear on the status bar, but it appears when Im trying the tutorial... and It just disappears when i go back to the menu..

Need your help on this guys..thanks!

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

Don't worry, it's just another useless gimmick of the Galaxy S4. I played with them for about 5 minutes when I first received my phone and have not used them since.

GS4Bob

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site

I've just bought GS4 since yesterday and I found an odd problem...
When I enable the air gestures for example air jump, air move etc. none of them works.
but when I try the training section they work correctly...
even It's icon doesn't appear on the status bar, but it appears when Im trying the tutorial... and It just disappears when i go back to the menu..

Need your help on this guys..thanks!

You must use the Samsung apps..ie IE for browser; "mail" for mail , etcin order for the air gestures to work.

32GB GS4 via Android Central App

n4uau

Jun 1, 2013
Visit site

You must use the Samsung apps..ie IE for browser; "mail" for mail , etcin order for the air gestures to work. 32GB GS4 via Android Central App

I tried the screen shot and it worked once out of 50 tries. I should think this should work with all apps. I think it just a gimmick but the layout of the power button opposite the volume button makes the alternative method a bit iffy at times too. On iphone power button was on top and never had problem. Maybe with time I'll get used to this. For the camera however voice activation works great with 'cheese'.

Elijah Alvarado

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site

I thought my air gestures weren't working either, the whole time I was using the Google Chrome app instead of the Internet app. The air gestures DON'T work on the Chrome app but it does work on the Internet app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch