No auto correct for the keyboard?

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Samsung does not have auto correct on the stock keyboard that's one thing that is definitely frustrating.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4 Beta

soniraghav

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello

Do you mean auto correct/auto replace by tapping the space bar (similar to iOS)? If so, it is available (I'm using this function) but it is turned off by default.

Turn it on by doing the following:
1. Settings>My device>language and input
2. Click the gear icon next to "Samsung keyboard"
3. Scroll down to and long tap the words "Predictive Text". This will take you into the options.
4. Check "Auto replacement".

That should do the trick. Hope that helps.

One thing I haven't worked out is how (if poss) to reject a suggested correction. With iOS there's a small cross next to the suggested word which you can tap to reject it.

Can't seem to do that with the s4 auto replacement space bar and predictive words bar at the top. Tapping the space bar immediately and automatically changes it to the blue predictive word, with no option to reject the blue predictive word.

Thanks a ton! I was hating my S4 , just for keyboard. And tried swype, swiftkey, all useless. This info was really helpful.

vasekvi

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks a ton! I was hating my S4 , just for keyboard. And tried swype, swiftkey, all useless. This info was really helpful.

Did you get that to work? Cause it's not on the ATT GS4

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1379334647838.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379334647838.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 35

luissfernandez

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem, but this has been solved with the Android 4.3. Just update it by clicking on "settings > more > about device > software update"
Cheers.

DSant333

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Hello

Do you mean auto correct/auto replace by tapping the space bar (similar to iOS)? If so, it is available (I'm using this function) but it is turned off by default.

Turn it on by doing the following:
1. Settings>My device>language and input
2. Click the gear icon next to "Samsung keyboard"
3. Scroll down to and long tap the words "Predictive Text". This will take you into the options.
4. Check "Auto replacement".

That should do the trick. Hope that helps.

One thing I haven't worked out is how (if poss) to reject a suggested correction. With iOS there's a small cross next to the suggested word which you can tap to reject it.

Can't seem to do that with the s4 auto replacement space bar and predictive words bar at the top. Tapping the space bar immediately and automatically changes it to the blue predictive word, with no option to reject the blue predictive word.

Cannot thank you enough. I don't know if I didn't see this the first time or what, but this makes my phone perfect. By far was my #1 complaint and cannot believe this would not be the default version. Samsung is going to lose business because they didn't make this the default version, I can promise them that.

THANK YOU AGIAN!!! (would have been auto-corrected if I typed this with the S4)

shanezam203

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I started a new thread on what may be similar or same question, is there a way to enable the below?

http://forums.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/359151-how-do-i-enable-keyboard-auto-correct-using-blue-suggested-word.html

That may sound like a simple request, but for the life of me on an old Galaxy s4 and now my s4 mini I do not see the option or have the experiance where auto correct is fixing my misspelled words. In attachment I typed "Sorry phone qas" and was hoping it would auto correct qas to was (which is an option but I have to select it in blue) How do I make it auto auto correct to the letter in blue?

Thank you,

Shane

Attachments

• 2014-02-02 14.51.40.png
    2014-02-02 14.51.40.png
    69.8 KB · Views: 7

sdean7855

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Related problem with a Note 3: If I plug in hardwired USB keyboard, Auto Correct disappears. If I use this keyboard, it works fine, though I lose the auto-correct. When I unplug it and go back to using the virtual touch screen keyboard, I expect to get Auto Correct back, but it is gone.
1) It still shows up as configured, but it isn't available
2) If I reboot the Note, it reappears