06-09-2013 06:36 PM
138 1234 ...
tools
    I was scared of that,not like i can go with the one seeing Verizon does not offer it,i currently use the DNA and Rezound,the DNA fits my needs with the screen,the rezound is not as good outdoors,but come August i do want to upgrade the rezound,so unless something from HTC gets announced for Verizon,the S4 would be the best option,Thanks for the advice.
    Anytime.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4
    05-05-2013 01:21 PM
    Living next door to a district manager for a company that sells phones has it's advantages.
    In this particular part of the mid-atlantic, the iPhone 4S is outselling both by a fair margin. Not the 5, the 4S.

Anecdotes. Everyone has them.
    kbp08tls, qnet, JHBThree and 2 others like this.
    05-05-2013 02:33 PM
    Living next door to a district manager for a company that sells phones has it's advantages.
    In this particular part of the mid-atlantic, the iPhone 4S is outselling both by a fair margin. Not the 5, the 4S.

Anecdotes. Everyone has them.
    Also not that surprising considering the price.

IPhones. Almost everyone has them.

05-05-2013 02:41 PM
    Funny how people keep saying HTC is terrible with updates my rezound just got it's 4th update and my DNA has had 2.and with Verizon who people claim never update anything.
    Rezound it's 4th update and how long did it take to get it's first update ...almost a year i remember because I own one still and those 3 other updates were meaningless just tweaks. not the global that was promised
    Donvald likes this.
    05-05-2013 02:43 PM
    Marketing. Samsung owns it.
    It's more than that - Samsung are already outspending HTC by about 16:1 and HTC's marketing budget has declined in line with their fortunes and is actually pretty tiny compared to the sector.
    05-05-2013 02:55 PM
    20 stores. One market. Two carriers.

What a huge sampling size that is. You guys fell for the click bait (ok, ok, I did too lol). Perspective, though. It's important for things like this.

I'm not sure anyone expected the One to outsell the S4. That doesn't mean that it won't or can't be a success for HTC. Also, I think everybody expects Samsung to sell a ton of S4's. Also not surprising.
    05-05-2013 03:05 PM
    No one here should be surprised. The key for HTC was to sell a lot, not be the best selling. I expect this to continue when the S4 hits Verizon and the One doesn't. But I also expect the next iPhone to have massive sales too but that doesn't prove anything except that marketing is key and you can ride the momentum of previous devices and that's what's Samsung is doing and good for them. This year it's more about HTC getting back on track and it looks like they are getting back there. We will see how the rest of the year turns out. If good, then I look for next year's device to have a device that can rival the S5 sales because in my opinion it's already there in functionality.

Guys, look at it this way, 2014 is going to be exciting for us.... HTC will come with a new device, Samsung is going to have to do something different with the S5 and next year should be when apple redesigns the iphone. It's going to be crazy!

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums
    05-05-2013 03:17 PM
    Rezound it's 4th update and how long did it take to get it's first update ...almost a year i remember because I own one still and those 3 other updates were meaningless just tweaks. not the global that was promised
    It took nearly 6 months i got my rezound in January and it was released in November,if you are saying the ICS update.and i was pleased with the phone for that time,until November 2012 when i walked into the Verizon store to pay a bill,and seen the DNA played with it,and wound up adding a line and walking out with it,still no regrets,serves me well,i still use the rezound for my computer repair business,for customer phone calls and texts and my DNA for everything else.
    05-05-2013 03:39 PM
    I got my S4 this past week when I took my Photon in for repair. They opted to give me an early upgrade. While getting the new phone set up, I asked how the S4 and HTC One were selling. The girl told me they were selling a surprising number of One's, but that they sold many more S4's than One's. Not data, of course, but it was interesting.
    05-05-2013 04:06 PM
    That doesn't mean that it won't or can't be a success for HTC.
    That's what I'm more interested in.

Posted via Android Central App
    ffejjj likes this.
    05-05-2013 04:10 PM
    How can anything be determined in one week? Just wait a few more when customers are complaining they can't install apps to the sd card like sales and Samsung are telling them. Good luck with EA, Gameloft or GTA games with that nine total gigs. Still, if data heavy apps are not used, I agree that returns should be minimal.

Not a fanboy of any device, but have owned a S3 since launch and will get the S4 if a larger size is offered. I agree it is the better device for several big reasons, but one week of data is a tad presumptuous. That must be some serious exponential curve being used

Fellow math and forecast trend folks will get that one
    05-05-2013 04:20 PM
    If screen brightness outside is important to you to that degree, an LCD screen would be a better choice. They're typically better in direct sunlight. The S4 is an improvement over the S3 in terms of usability in daylight, but not to the extent an LCD screen would provide.

Undoubtedly true, but I was using my S3 outdoors in sunlight today and didn't have any real issue. I just shaded the screen with m body.
    05-05-2013 04:43 PM
    Undoubtedly true, but I was using my S3 outdoors in sunlight today and didn't have any real issue. I just shaded the screen with m body.
    I would assume switching it to dynamic mode and putting the brightness at 100% would make it work just fine.

05-05-2013 04:46 PM

I can't recall the last time I saw an hTc commercial on Television, the One has been out for a few weeks and still haven't seen one. LOL

This was the problem with RIM/BlackBerry in the past, now I'm seeing more commercials for the Q10 & Z10 than Apple's iPhone.
    Actually I've seen the One Boomsound commercial at least four times on U.S. TV, including three times on NBC - once during the Today show and twice during the Tonight show.

Edited to add: But I have yet to see the One in my local T-Mobile store. :P But that might mean it still has room to go up...
    05-05-2013 06:46 PM
    If Samsung sells 50 million S4's I'm sure HTC would be tickled to sell 20 million One's. But that's to be expected given the great S2 and S3 and HTC's cluster**** of past phones and lack of support. Hopefully HTC learned a lesson because I don't think they will get anymore chances after this.
    05-05-2013 10:39 PM

I can't recall the last time I saw an hTc commercial on Television, the One has been out for a few weeks and still haven't seen one. LOL

This was the problem with RIM/BlackBerry in the past, now I'm seeing more commercials for the Q10 & Z10 than Apple's iPhone.
    I have seen a lot of htc commercials... Specifically I have been going through all the Babylon 5 episodes on thewb.com and it is one of the ads on standard rotation there...

Fwiw I have been to three AT&T stores in the NW Atlanta metro area (outside the perimeter) and all three were sold out of Ones.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2
    05-05-2013 11:06 PM
    I have seen a lot of htc commercials... Specifically I have been going through all the Babylon 5 episodes on thewb.com and it is one of the ads on standard rotation there...

Fwiw I have been to three AT&T stores in the NW Atlanta metro area (outside the perimeter) and all three were sold out of Ones.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2
    HTC also seems to have a pretty solid rotation with hulu plus. That were I was sold on my DNA at, and if they don't stop showing commercials for the HTC one on there I might find myself in trouble!

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA
    05-05-2013 11:44 PM
    No one here should be surprised. The key for HTC was to sell a lot, not be the best selling. I expect this to continue when the S4 hits Verizon and the One doesn't. But I also expect the next iPhone to have massive sales too but that doesn't prove anything except that marketing is key and you can ride the momentum of previous devices and that's what's Samsung is doing and good for them. This year it's more about HTC getting back on track and it looks like they are getting back there. We will see how the rest of the year turns out. If good, then I look for next year's device to have a device that can rival the S5 sales because in my opinion it's already there in functionality.

Guys, look at it this way, 2014 is going to be exciting for us.... HTC will come with a new device, Samsung is going to have to do something different with the S5 and next year should be when apple redesigns the iphone. It's going to be crazy!

Sent from my HTC One using Android Central Forums
    Not to mention iOS 7 is gonna be a major overhaul, the Motarola X-phone, KLP, Note 3, Butterfly+, Ubuntu touch etc.
    I would say this year and next is going to be very interesting in the mobile market.
    05-06-2013 12:20 AM
    That's what I'm more interested in.

Same, I want HTC to push back hard, we can't have a dominant android manufacturer.
    And we can't have a dominant phone like the iPhone.

Competition is gonna be key for the next few years we will get to see innovations produced by competitive pressure.
    karmamule likes this.
    05-06-2013 12:23 AM
    It's simple, Samsung is the world leader in electronics today. They have deep pockets and great marketing. Just like Apple did earlier, Samsung is doing now. That doesn't mean HTC or others should tremble. If anything, the HTC One has gained a lot of ground against Samsung as compared to last year and the overwhelming victory the GSIII had on the One X.

No one stays on top forever. Right now Samsung is top dog in the Android world.
    05-06-2013 05:49 AM
    I don't really see the point of this article. To show off or to show other people that you picked the right phone? I remember there was an article I read a few days ago which reported that the demand for HTC One is higher than the demand for the S4 in India. So it pretty much depends on locations. Personally I think HTC has shown a lot of improvements, I hope they will push harder to prove that they're back in game.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
    05-06-2013 06:01 AM
    Same, I want HTC to push back hard, we can't have a dominant android manufacturer.
    And we can't have a dominant phone like the iPhone.

Competition is gonna be key for the next few years we will get to see innovations produced by competitive pressure.
    That too, plus I still use the 3VO as my phone so I want HTC to survive cause of they make good phones.

05-06-2013 06:06 AM
    It took nearly 6 months i got my rezound in January and it was released in November,if you are saying the ICS update.and i was pleased with the phone for that time,until November 2012 when i walked into the Verizon store to pay a bill,and seen the DNA played with it,and wound up adding a line and walking out with it,still no regrets,serves me well,i still use the rezound for my computer repair business,for customer phone calls and texts and my DNA for everything else.
    Just stop with the whole htc is horrible to update.. I posted verifiable links in a previous thread where htc is first in the way of updates and device support.. This is nothing but another thread trying to prove that the s4 is better due to sales and quite frankly I'm sick of hearing about it. What ever makes you feel better umkay... I have the one and my girl has a s4. Both great devices.. I think the one is better for me and she likes hers better..

Sent from my HTCONE using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
    ffejjj likes this.
    05-06-2013 06:40 AM
    Just stop with the whole htc is horrible to update.. I posted verifiable links in a previous thread where htc is first in the way of updates and device support.. This is nothing but another thread trying to prove that the s4 is better due to sales and quite frankly I'm sick of hearing about it. What ever makes you feel better umkay... I have the one and my girl has a s4. Both great devices.. I think the one is better for me and she likes hers better..

Sent from my HTCONE using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
    Updates to fix problems is not the same as updating the software to the next OS release. If you don't believe me pull these facts, last year the HTC One X came out before the SG3 guess which one got JB first. Enjoy your One!
    05-06-2013 07:41 AM
    Not surprised at all

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
    05-06-2013 07:50 AM
138 1234 ...