Why do I hardly have any lock screen options??

ProfessorStein

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
So I had this problem as well, ironically found when I was reading the exact same page as the OP.

I went to SETTINGS -> MY DEVICE -> LOCK SCREEN -> SCREEN LOCK as set it to Swipe. When I backed out a level, all of the shortcut and widget options were immediately available again.

This "feature" could make sense two ways: 1) when you apply a real screen lock to your phone, Android is assuming you're interested in security (or you have a chronic problem with **** dialing) and it figures you don't want any way into the phone until it's truly unlocked, or 2) the pin and pattern locks already take up a lot of real estate, and Android figures there won't otherwise be enough physical space on the lock screen for widgets or shortcuts. Seems like they should've kept it open if you would like the option to have both, though, with appropriate warning messages as needed. Not sure why they completely remove the settings. That goes against the Android standards.

@quickrahn - it's actually Android that has hidden the "stay awake when plugged in" setting, not Samsung or the Galaxy S4 itself. It's still there, but you have to activate Developer mode (DroidViews | How to Enable Developer Options/USB Debugging Mode on Devices with Android 4.2 Jelly Bean), and then go into SETTINGS ->MORE -> DEVELOPER OPTIONS and tick the "Stay Awake" setting. Why Google decided Stay Awake only applies to developers, I'm not exactly sure.

mazwakefield

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Guys,

I just received my S4 today, and I totally love it!
However, I do have an issue with the lock screen widgets...

I went to Three ways to add camera shortcuts to the Galaxy S4 lock screen | Android Central , as I want to add a camera shortcut to my lockscreen.
However, in the video at 0:29 it shows LOTS of options that I don't have?

I only have the following option under my 'Lock Screen Widgets" menu;
- Favorite Apps or Camera (which is greyed out, so I can't access it)
- Clock or personal mesage
- Edit personal message
----------------------------
How can I get access to all the settings that the video shows me?

Hey,
Did you ever find a work around for this? I had a Chinese s4 and was able to add a camera shortcut so in lock screen i just slide it up. Now i have an Australian s4 and i dont have the shortcut menu. SO FRUSTRATING! i used this all the time!

Darnell0216

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey,
Did you ever find a work around for this? I had a Chinese s4 and was able to add a camera shortcut so in lock screen i just slide it up. Now i have an Australian s4 and i dont have the shortcut menu. SO FRUSTRATING! i used this all the time!
Did you read the post right before yours about switching to swipe to unlock to enable all lock screen options? If you're missing the options AND you're already on Swipe to unlock, is it a carrier branded phone that was altered?

Somnath Jha

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
turn lock screen in swipe mode. the features that u are looking is not supported in pattern, pin, .. or any other option. it is only available in swipe to unlock mode...

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brownsjames