I take back all my hate on the S4.

varsityhacker

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
There's a whole thread showing pictures our members have taken with the N4 and they're good pics. In this case I'm thinking it's not the camera that's the problem.

Posted via Android Central App

Awesome and if I didn't delete all of my bad pictures I could show more that just sucked. The weakness of the camera was apparent when my wife would take the same picture as me. I'm not a photographer by any means, but I do have two perfectly working eyeballs that said one picture sucked compared to the other. Again the N4 was and is a good phone, just not so good at pictures and holding a charge IMOP.

varsityhacker

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
You either have a defective unit or expect DSLR quality. The camera isn't outstanding but can still take beautiful pictures.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Nope just expect the camera to pass the eyeball test and it didn't. If it works for you great it didn't for me.

Eric Kane

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Everything I've read said the N4's weakspots were no LTE and camera, so you arent alone in your perception.

I wouldn't say the camera on the Nexus 4 is terrible, but it isn't the quality of the say the Galaxy S3 or One X (other 8MP shooters that were out at the same time). I'd say that it's average at best, but under the right conditions you can get some good shots with it.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't say the camera on the Nexus 4 is terrible, but it isn't the quality of the say the Galaxy S3 or One X (other 8MP shooters that were out at the same time). I'd say that it's average at best, but under the right conditions you can get some good shots with it.

Yeah. I am back on the Nexus 4(friend took his S4) and I can't believe how much I missed it!!!

Posted via Android Central App

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site

Its a capable camera but I have never been able to produce any stunning shots with it without extensive editing. Photosphere makes it one of my favorite cameras to use though.

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Inadvertently cross posted due to wayward cut and paste job. Deleted, edited, and reposted in proper forum and context. Apologize for the error.

EDITED BY MODERATOR

Sent from my GT-N5110 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

vferrari

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Not my intent to start an argument, was just struck by the inconsistencies in a strongly worded post quoting mine in another forum. Thanks for intervening.

Last edited:

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I've had only a great experience with the S4. ...but that's just my experience. I'm sure someone somewhere feels differently.

Not rooted, Stock rom, just Awesome (NSA)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress