Wifi smart mode?

danangdevils

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone found this or am I being stupid? Apparently it turns off the Wifi automatically when you are out of range of your specified router?

Posted via Android Central App

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
It's right at the top when you go into wifi settings.

4evy4ape.jpg

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
On AT&T here and do not have the option. I'm guessing this is because AT&T has its own POS "Smart Wifi" app pre-loaded as bloatware with our model and they want you to use their app.

danangdevils

May 9, 2013
Visit site
garry1bowie I'm on an unlocked version here in the UK too. Is there anyone who can verify it's carrier specific and maybe only available in the US?

Posted via Android Central App

cjones

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
I am on Sprint and on the top of the page that lists all my Wi-Fi connections is a Smart Mode button. I hit that and it brings me to the settings page that explains the Smart Mode.

By the way- It turns my Wi-Fi on when I get home or to work but doesn't turn it off when I leave those areas. Wish it would do that too.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
On AT&T here and do not have the option. I'm guessing this is because AT&T has its own POS "Smart Wifi" app pre-loaded as bloatware with our model and they want you to use their app.

The guy at the AT&T store told me to disable that app first because it is junk, lol. There is a setting in wifi advanced "Check for Internet Service". This looks at your current wifi speed and if it's too slow it will disconnect you and let you use mobile data. I tried that setting last night and it works well. My wifi is slow in my upstairs bedroom because the router is in the basement.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

That was the first of many apps I disabled.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress