How to remove Samsung Default Contact Icon

pirateryan99

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Is it possible to remove/disable the default samsung contact icon? The weird looking face with the freaky smile is starting to get me.... I dont want to have to take photos of all my contacts... any help please?

Samsung-Galaxy-S4-Contacts.png

Thanks!

JemW

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
They are so creepy. I considered (for a second) exchanging for an S3 just bc of those weird unfaltering smiles.
If you figure out please let the rest of us know!!:confused:

dakhath

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Have you thought about just downloading a generic picture and using that? It can be anything you want. Changing the contact picture is very easy thing to do. Unless you have several hundred contacts. It only took me a few minutes for me to change mine once I settled on a generic picture. It also gave me an opportunity to weed out old contacts and update the info. If you're are synced up with your google account you can log into Gmail and change them there on the computer.

gflurry

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Anybody have any new ideas on this? I hate the stupid cartoon faces. I have 500 contacts so adding a new default pic to every one takes a while.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Aaron Watson

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I have an idea. There is this third party dialer and contacts app called ExDialer which is amazing and you can download a separate Galaxy s3 theme without those creepy faces.

Posted via Android Central App

dfinke23

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Exdilaer does not stop "the face" from popping up on caller id or when a call is ended. The iphone caller id app does, but the text identifying the caller is so small you cannot read it.
I returned my SGS4 for this very reason, and just noticed the new Note 3 has the same issue.

DM51

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I agree 100% with the OP... even the S3 icons weren't as annoying as these. I'd love to know if there's an easy solution.

Candroided

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm with everyone else here.. I've only owned my Galaxy S4 for 1 week and I now hate these icons. I have hundreds of contacts so changing them out one by one doesn't work for me. Also I don't think its something that we should have to do. Who ever designed these icons clearly dropped the ball. This is my first Android phone, so I can't offer any solutions yet.

wadiesel

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Hey - I'm just throwing this out there - there is an OLD app called NINJAMORPH I used to use ages ago to mod my Droid X back in the day. From the app, you used to be able to change out pictures in system apps without having to go to the trouble of decompiling to whole apk and all that. I have not tried using it in years, and don't even know if it works on the SGS4. But figured if some brave soul out there wanted to give it a whirl, I would at least give my 2 cents on the matter. Hope it helps!! (BTW I hate those darn smiley face guys too! Almost switched back to the SGS3 because of them!)

adrian_swims

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Ninjamorph is only for rooted phones? Seriously how do you get rid of these I want to punch them.

Also the stupid MyMagazine swipe up is pissing me off. This is a great phone but these two things are driving me crazy.

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I use the icon changer app in Google play. I used it to change go SMS pro to the default messaging icon and the title 'Messaging'. It works really well

Posted via Android Central App

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Holy crap! Just do what dakhath said! Change it to a generic pic of your choice. Or even better, put pics of your contacts in it's place!

anabolikas

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
hey!
My S3 got a software update yesterday. And WTF??? A have now these stupid profile icons :( I have 1400 contatcs so changing them all to some pictures will take 10 years.
Is there any other way? My phone is not rooted and I am not planing to root it since it is my work phone. Not my own.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
hey!
My S3 got a software update yesterday. And WTF??? A have now these stupid profile icons :( I have 1400 contatcs so changing them all to some pictures will take 10 years.
Is there any other way? My phone is not rooted and I am not planing to root it since it is my work phone. Not my own.

You can READ ABOVE and do what was already suggested. Nothing has changed since you got your update

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
You can READ ABOVE and do what was already suggested. Nothing has changed since you got your update

Sorry, but since updating my Note 2 I have lost my treasured Google Maps before the dreaded update and these goofy Avatars that look like child molestors.
Considering breaking out my Droid X2 that I now use in the bathroom as a tv monitor.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, but since updating my Note 2 I have lost my treasured Google Maps before the dreaded update and these goofy Avatars that look like child molestors.
Considering breaking out my Droid X2 that I now use in the bathroom as a tv monitor.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Well then I guess it's going to take you 10 years to replace the 1400 child molesters you have as contacts ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87