auto correct

jskinvest

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I was considering getting the Samsung Galaxy S4 until I realized that they disabled the auto correct feature. That is a deal breaker for me. However, if I bought and downloaded Swiftkey would the Swiftkey auto correct feature be allowed to work on the S4 like it does with all other phones. It is a must feature for me and I love Swiftkey. So if it would work then I would probably get the phone. Thank you.

Rick Bray

May 14, 2013
Visit site
well, i don't know if it has something to do with specific models, or carriers, but the samsung stock keyboard DOES have autocorrect, you just have to enable it...

also, if you buy and download the Swiftkey keyboard, or any other keyboard with an autocorrect feature, you will also be able to use it... it has nothing to do with the device itself

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
The s4 does not have auto correct. It has auto suggest. If you misspell a word it doesn't automatically fix it but rather shows you the correct spelling above the keyboard.

Yes all other keyboards that have auto correct will work. The r feature is only disabled on the Samsung keyboard due to the apple lawsuit. It does not bar any other software from using auto correct.

Rick Bray

May 14, 2013
Visit site
The s4 does not have auto correct. It has auto suggest. If you misspell a word it doesn't automatically fix it but rather shows you the correct spelling above the keyboard.

Yes all other keyboards that have auto correct will work. The r feature is only disabled on the Samsung keyboard due to the apple lawsuit. It does not bar any other software from using auto correct.

well, mine does have autocorrect... just not named like that... it is named auto replacement, but does exactly the same on my device... and this is the stock samsung keyboard, not swype....

Attachments

• PhfBCuzH8AmdoZ5zxCffYLcIoC4pGwINpP3Fip33G0A.png
    PhfBCuzH8AmdoZ5zxCffYLcIoC4pGwINpP3Fip33G0A.png
    254.5 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone found the apk for a foreign Samsung keyboard with auto replace because I love the numbers at the type but don't want to select the word it would be great to install a foreign keyboard and get this feature

Posted via Android Central App

DioramaMaker

May 2, 2013
Visit site
OP's question's answer:
Yes, swiftkey will work as advertised and auto correct to it's little digital heart's desire, and it does a mighty fine job at it too. Really, really good at guessing right.

jskinvest

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the replies. Yes that auto replacement featured in the pic is for Europe version only. If I get the S4 I will just download Swiftkey. It is by far the best keyboard I have ever experienced. That will solve the auto correct problem.

Notsosure

May 21, 2013
Visit site
After doing some searching I found out that the US version autocorrect was removed due to Apple vs. Samsung lawsuit that apple won. I am starting to truly hate Apple. In the we, the consumers, are the ones that gets screwed by Apple.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

infinity12402

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
After doing some searching I found out that the US version autocorrect was removed due to Apple vs. Samsung lawsuit that apple won. I am starting to truly hate Apple. In the we, the consumers, are the ones that gets screwed by Apple.

how does that even make sense? every other phone has auto correct? are they going to remove auto correct from every phone on the market except for the iphone? geez

Notsosure

May 21, 2013
Visit site
how does that even make sense? every other phone has auto correct? are they going to remove auto correct from every phone on the market except for the iphone? geez

Well it doesnt make sense, but thats the failure of our justice system. Apparently Apple invented and patented everything.

Notsosure

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Other keyboard's autocorrect will/do work on the S4. Swiftkey would/does have full functionality on the S4.

I had swiftkey before. But I really wanted to try to keep everything stock. English isnt the only language I use on the keyboard. So using stock samsung keyboard makes it very easy to toggle and switch to another language.