2 Tone beep sound constantly playing :/

Damian James

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
I just got a new S4 from Assurion and my phone will occasionally play the NFC tone. It's not at a regular interval (the clock issue), my NFC is turned off, it's not the OK Google tone (I use OK Google so I'm not uninstalling it) and there is no notification that pops up when it happens (I don't know which app to silence notifications from).
It's happened maybe 5 times in a 24 hour period so I'm not pulling my hair out, it's just affecting my OCD at the moment...

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I just got a new S4 from Assurion and my phone will occasionally play the NFC tone. It's not at a regular interval (the clock issue), my NFC is turned off, it's not the OK Google tone (I use OK Google so I'm not uninstalling it) and there is no notification that pops up when it happens (I don't know which app to silence notifications from).
It's happened maybe 5 times in a 24 hour period so I'm not pulling my hair out, it's just affecting my OCD at the moment...

I have exactly your problem with my NEXUS 4. It also had happen when the phone is in vibrating/silent mode and is not the default notification sound either just 4 fast beeps in a row. I even did a factory reset but it keeps beeping. Still can't find which app/service is triggerinig the beeps.

HelenaHanbasket

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Just in case you are having this problem while the phone is CHARGING...

My phone was doing this as well, but it is when I am charging it. I researched and learned that my charger I am using is an old one and somehow the Galaxy Note 2 isn't "liking it".

Because I don't post often enough, I am not allowed to post the link to the thread.
I am quoting part of the conversation
:
"I've got the same issue. When I charge at night with an old micro USB 2.0 (or is it 2.1A?) charger that it beeps every so often and at times turns the display back on. It's very irritating. If there's no way to fix this other than upgrading all my chargers for this phone to USB3, that doesn't seem very backwards compatible.

What I've noticed is if I bring up the "Battery" app, I see it change several times from "Charging" to "Not charging". Each time it beeps is when it goes from "Not charging" to "Charging". So obviously the S5 doesn't like these older non-USB3 chargers."

"The phone charges fine with a USB 2 cable hooked to the new Samsung charger that came with the phone. So, it doesn't matter the cable, it matters how many amps your charger is putting out."

adityask2

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I had similar issue when i tried to ring my device using android device manager. While ringing I switched off phone my mobile. So i had the issue where I used to get beep sound on unlock and device used to automatically move from silent mode after unlocking. All you have to do is ring the device again and unlock your mobile.

stapo1922

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: 2 beep tone making me annoyed during call

Had the same double beep thing going on durring a call after a update. What it seems to be is a factory resetting of the 'minute minder' to a checked selection. (Beeps every min to tell you how many miutes you are on current call)
From home screen. Hit menu key (bottom left)
Settings...... go to CALL
go to CALL ALERTS
uncheck MINUTE MINDER

stapo1922

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: 2 beep tone making me annoyed during call

When I call some one or pick up call, two constant beep tone is generated. I have check all setting regarding both call and phone setting but I couldn't find exact reason for this problem. My phone is Samsung Galaxy SL i9003, and I have update my OS to Customized Cyanogenmod Android Kitkat. Now what can I do to disable this problem. Please help me out.
Menu
settings
call
call alerts
uncheck minute minder.
Worked for me on verizon samsung note 2. Had same double beep after I updated software...
hope it helps

MeganCat

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
This is the same thing my phone is doing - there's no notification associated with it, my NFC is off. It happens randomly through out the day when my phone is just sitting - inactive, even silenced - on the desk. It's been going on since I bought the phone and is starting to drive me nuts. (Motorola Droid Mini)

mstarb25

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem. My Verizon S5 beeps twice when i swipe the unlock screen. I have had the phone for 8 months and this only started a week ago. Even if I mute the audio I still hear it. It doesn't matter if NFC is on or not. The only way I have found to silence it is to activate Ultra Powersave mode and deactivate. This will stop the beeps for about 24 hours and then it comes back.

Chano Williams

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Just wanted to say thank you! My Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge started doing this and was driving me nuts! I was ready to send it back, but turning off the NFC seems to have worked! THANK YOU!

Jennifer L

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
I think I found the answer (all by myself, lol). Go to Settings > Accesibility. Turn off System Notification. And voila! No more alerts after the initial text alert! I accept your thanks :). By the way, I use HTC M8 via Tmobile.

kirrak

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
Try factory resetting the phone and reinstall everything. I think you have something buggering up in memory or a corrupt setting somewhere.

Hi i got some problem with my note 4 its beeping from a couple of days wheather it be on viberation mode or on normal mode its a single beep like a sound of an watch alarm wt should i do to stop it
plz help

Faisal Nazir1

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Hellow,
You gave best option ever I've found on adroid form which was to turn off NFC to get rid of that **Removed By Moderator** audio noise of beep( ptulll'll Ptull'll) in HTC m8 . I wast eating my ears for last 2 days . And I just before went with someone else ( who said to restore to factory settings, i have done your trick) your one has worked out for me. No hesitation in admiring your instruction to make nights just cool and dreamy bro. I could get rid of that **Removed By Moderator**t noise which started pain in my ear almost.

Thanks mate, Thank u very very very much. worked out for me. Don't care about NFC **Removed By Moderator**, you did great comment on this issue of life safety. I will let people know on this form of occurance of anything cheeky like this. Fascinating instruction from your side bro. I want to write whole colum but don't have enough words to pay you honorable salute in text. ( Imagine how much I could be sick of it).

Thanks mate.

Faisal Nazeer
Glenroy , Melbourne, Vic, Australia

Last edited by a moderator:

cath96

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
Hi. I also experienced almost the same thing. i dont know whether it is because i accidentally pressed the task or home button for too long that leads to the beeping. but this beeping sounds exactly like the s voice tones. can it be fixed or it is the machine broken?
hope for anyone help. thanks

SnowBurn Winterfell

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
Beep sound Solved

This is usually caused by the NFC setting, what usually sets it off is if you have a sticker pocket and you have a certain type of ID or credit card, the phone tries to read the chip and sets off the sound. In my case i had a sticker pocket to hold onto such cards and experimented by removing or adding certain cards, in restults it was my Military CAC card that set it off , and i tested it out by touching my phone with the card and it would immediately start the beeps, then removed the card would be silent until i attached it again.

Chloe_1992_axel

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
Must be my issue as well I actually put my debit card which has a pay pass chip on in the wallet phone for the first time today it must have that NFC thing cause I have never heard it do that before til tonight it was driving me crazy! I'll turn NFC off as well & take the card out hopefully that will fix my issue. :)

REPLY: can u plz tell me what NFC is i cant seem to find it on my pull down bar

kam yazdani

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
I winder if any of you guys that resolved the problem by disabling NFC using a wallet type case? I wonder it is the credit cards and ATM cards in the case that causing this,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non