So my GPS is broken......

Ranger Danger

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Got the S4 on launch day and noticed both Google maps and Waze wouldn't always work. Sometimes they would and sometimes not. Then at some point, 14 days after I had the phone (past the return policy window), the GPS stopped working completely. I did a complete reset and got it to work for a short period of time but then it crapped out again. AT&T is sending me out a new phone. Well a "like new" phone. They said it's most likely new because the S4 is a recent handset. Has anyone else experienced any GPS chip issues? I can't keep doing a full reset on my phone because the GPS isn't working. I sure hope this "like new" phone doesn't have this problem.

GB333

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I honestly haven't even used it yet. I just got my (Verizon) phone last week. But since I read this thread - I turned on the GPS, went to maps, and directed it to find me on the map. It says my current GPS location is unavailable. That is worrisome! I'm going to look into it some more.

EDIT: Went to the Nav app and it seemed to work fine. :) Sorry you got a bum phone! I hope you get your replacement soon!

videian

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
My issue is that when I use an app like waze, it will not activate the gps, sits there and says no gps even tho the gps option is turned on. I have to physically switch it off then back on and it pops right in almost immediately.

Wtf?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

t073

May 29, 2013
Visit site
No GPS problems here, I have used my phone to log runs, bike rides and navigate with the GPS and it has worked fine.
Looks like you might have just received a dud, hopefully the next one will work.

thepktrckt

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm having a very similar issue as well with my 32GB AT&T S4. I had both my Note and S4 in my car today and the Note 2 worked perfect while the S4 worked great and then would just start bouncing all over and lose GPS signal often. I haven't read through all the threads yet but I wanted to say you aren't alone.

Bright Harry

May 27, 2013
Visit site
My issue is that when I use an app like waze, it will not activate the gps, sits there and says no gps even tho the gps option is turned on. I have to physically switch it off then back on and it pops right in almost immediately.

Wtf?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

I had the same issue and I found that Yahoo Weather was the cause. Just uninstalling Yahoo Weather fixed the issue. Hope this helps.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue and I found that Yahoo Weather was the cause. Just uninstalling Yahoo Weather fixed the issue. Hope this helps.

Just read a long thread about Yahoo weather being the culprit. Uninstall it.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress