Just brought my new S4 :-)

swent1

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Doing exactly that makes a big difference. Seriously, I keep hearing about lag on the S4, but after doing this, there is none. Maybe it is just me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

Not just you that's for sure. I noticed a huge difference. Its easy enough to do so I say why not? Even if it's just a small improvement, it's still an improvement nonetheless :)

Sent from my SGH-I337M using AC Forums mobile app

swent1

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Can I ask where exactly this is?
I have searched my settings tabs and I haven't been able to locate the three animations setting.

Thanks

I posted previously on the thread how to do it :) I believe page 1 or 2 :)

n0m0n

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Top of page two just checked lol

"Then an extra option shows up under more options in settings called developer options. "

When I go to Settings | More | there is no Developer Options there.

I have a Verizon version that is not rooted could that be the problem?

Thanks

carlostmac1

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Congrats! Enable developer settings and turn off the three animations. Will make the phone a bit faster. H9pefully you turned off your iMessage lol

Are you referring to the window, transition, and animator animations? If so, what exactly do these do?

swent1

May 19, 2013
Visit site
"Then an extra option shows up under more options in settings called developer options. "

Thanks

I'm not quite sure, I tapped seven times and it pro. Pted that it had been enabled. So I can't say if verizon versions are different. And no you don't need to root to get them.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I feel sorry for this guy..The S4 may just well ruin the experience for this first time andriod user. Dave..From a none fanboy perspective it will do you justice before you decide to go back to IOS to try out the HTC one or the Optimus Pro if you are with ATT. Android is not an OS that is laggy, buggy, glitchy and slow as the S4 makes it seem and battery life should be at least 20% better than iphone5. Try another phone if this one doesn't seem right because based on my past 3 years of experience with Samsung I know it aint right.

You must have just had bad luck with devices then. I had the GS2,GS3 and now the GS4 and they are by far the best experience on any mobile device Android or otherwise. I tried the ONE due to all of the Android Central hype of the device and while it was really nice and a beautifully designed device it's just not quite there. We have 2 S4's in our household both of which run flawlessly with full animations/sensors/features in use. 4 of my friends also have S4's and none of them have had any issues with the "lag". I am not saying it doesn't exist but it is greatly exaggerated. The S4 is a beast of a device and any iOS convert should have a great experience with it.

nsnarayan10

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey you do get system updates after rooting but it's never recommended since you could mess your phone up and lots of people use lots of ways to install OTA updates after rooting their phones,so better avoid it unless you are aware of what you are doing:)

Marian1275

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Me too - just bought the S4 - I need to sync my e-mail to my home pc e-mail which is aol (yes probably should uses something else but - not at this time) anyway I want to be able to sync to save duplicate efforts. I read a post that said have e-mails forwarded to a g mail account and that will solve the sync issue. If so - when I send a e-mail what shows the reciepient- the g mail account name or the aol account name. I am not having any issue with receiving e-mails, sending etc - just want to eliminate duplicate efforts. Otherwise so far so good.

thornesone

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Congrats Dave! Let your battery discharge to 1% then charge it. I have exceptional battery time with the S4. I have never experienced any lag with this device, and I've had a S3 (good device too), and a HTC Vivid. The Vivid was very laggy, so I know what it is. I don't have the animation on with the weather widget. I use SwiftKey, because I like the arrow keys. I have a Aduro case (thin) with a screen protector, and I also use ear buds as a courtesy, as I don't like hearing other people's music or conversations. I've tried all the Touchwiz stuff, some of it is cool, and some you can live without. You will love the camera after you have learned It's features. There is a lot a to learn about Android! I wouldn't root your phone until the warranty is up, and by then you will know the do's and don't about the OS and device. Lots of info on Android Central, and the people here are very knowledgeable and helpful! Enjoy the experience!

Posted via Android Central App

dave25A

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Congrats Dave! Let your battery discharge to 1% then charge it. I have exceptional battery time with the S4. I have never experienced any lag with this device, and I've had a S3 (good device too), and a HTC Vivid. The Vivid was very laggy, so I know what it is. I don't have the animation on with the weather widget. I use SwiftKey, because I like the arrow keys. I have a Aduro case (thin) with a screen protector, and I also use ear buds as a courtesy, as I don't like hearing other people's music or conversations. I've tried all the Touchwiz stuff, some of it is cool, and some you can live without. You will love the camera after you have learned It's features. There is a lot a to learn about Android! I wouldn't root your phone until the warranty is up, and by then you will know the do's and don't about the OS and device. Lots of info on Android Central, and the people here are very knowledgeable and helpful! Enjoy the experience!

Posted via Android Central App

Thank you :) i have noticed that my battery life has increased since the first day i got it (Thursday). I was a little worried that it drained really fast, today i currently have 80% battery life having charged my phone overnight and took it off charge at 9am this morning. "Currently at 6g 1m 50s on battery" i have wifi turned on and most of the feature are turned on as well. I have turned GPS and location services turned off. I have heard a few people on the forum mention lag but i haven't (yet) had any. I don't intend to root my S4 i like it the way it is at the moment. The only thing i'm hoping for is a bit better battery life. If not when i got back to uni (after the summer) i will by an extra battery. By the way i'm in the UK thats why i seem to be posting at weird times LOL.

jtphenom

May 27, 2013
Visit site

Thanks
I too have the Verizon version, and I was able to access Developer Options with no problem by following those instructions.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

n0m0n

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I too have the Verizon version, and I was able to access Developer Options with no problem by following those instructions.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

Yeah I finally got it.
I had to slowed down my 7 taps.
So I unchecked the 3 animation options.
Didn't really see much in respect to increased battery but will continue to monitor.

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress