New to android, does S4 really have lag issues?

Munzter

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I am looking into buying a Samsung Galaxy S4, but heard that the S4 has significant lag issues compared to the HTC One, which is the other phone i can't decide on.

So do any of you have any experience with lag issues or just rumors?

shoii

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Mhmm I think it's raining outside, I think I should go out and play with my friends

GS4 Love

Last edited:

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I am looking into buying a Samsung Galaxy S4, but heard that the S4 has significant lag issues compared to the HTC One, which is the other phone i can't decide on.

It's a mixed bag, some have reported lagging and others not. Personally I have never had any lag issues. I'm on AT&T with a 32gb model.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

I wouldn't worry about it. I've owned 3 S4's (currently just 1) and they have all been flawless.

Sent from my GS4 running the Google Edition Rom

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Best way to decide: Go to a store, pick both phones up, and try them. I have a GS4, I love the GS4, but THERE IS an element of lag. Nothing major, but sometimes noticeable for the picky. Now, I haven't used the HTC One because it's still not available in my country, but they do say it runs quite smoothly. Now, the lag in the S4 is not something that will prevent you from doing stuff... it's just the UI being glitchy sometimes, during animations and window transitions. And again, it's nothing major, but sometimes you will notice it.

nickgalaxys4

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site

Welcome to the Android family. I have the GS4 and I have no lag at all. Love the phone more than any phone I had If i could I would buy 2 more. Love the screen,SDcard,Battery,features,and much more. If you get it I bet you will enjoy it even if it lags a little it won't bother you at all.:)

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Had mine a week so far, I don't have a lag. (Sprint)

?Sent from my Sprint GS4 using Tapatalk ?
?? Formerly "Evo_girl"

asdfasdfgasdfadfs

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site

The only Lag I noticed is when you hit settings, it takes a split second for the settings screen to load. But that is about it.

thornesone

May 28, 2012
Visit site
No lag here. This has been over blown. I had a HTC Vivid, lag was very evident. I recently had a S3 and no lag with it either. Some one should post a video of their S4 WITH lag!!

Posted via Android Central App

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Some one should post a video of their S4 WITH lag!!
Feel free to watch almost any S4 review video.

OP, either phone is phenomenal with a custom ROM that eliminates bloatware. ;)

If you want loud sound, a bright and crisp screen, and less out-of-the-box lag, take the HTC One.
If you want a larger screen, expandable memory & a bit bigger battery, take the Galaxy S4.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Ugh this conversation could go on for days.

Out of the box S4? Some say it's laggy. I personally think it's because of a few Samsung widgets.
But I've been using Nova Launcher for about 4-5 weeks now. I don't really see any lag, but I guess that's up to the user's eye.

Even if you watch GS4 review videos, you won't see much lag unless you're SUPER picky and actually looking for it. Choppy animations usually.

Marck527

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I've had this weird occurrence when ir would just lag randomly, the whole device then just becomes smooth again, I think it's touchwhiz because since I bought Nova, it hasn't happened yet.

Sent from my GT-I9500

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Yes it does. But, whether or not it's enough to bother you.. who knows. Feedback seems to indicate that on most devices they lag is in the acceptable range given what you get for it.

cliberti

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I haven't noticed it at all. It is super smooth compared to my Razr HD Maxx. That thing had lag. Only way to get rid of it was to flash an aftermarket rom and even then it wasn't immune to it. Also, all of the roms had issues. So, here I am on the Galaxy S4 and couldn't be happier.

cliberti

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Quick question. People with lag, are you on the quadcore snap dragon or the 8 core exynos? I am on the snap dragon and no noticeable lag 2 weeks in to using it. Only reboot once a week.

AngelArs

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site

Well it's certainly not just a rumor. There are many threads on many forums talking about it. It also isn't the only issue the s4 has. Here is a short list of some of the more frequent s4 problems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress