play store app download error

Barbara T

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys. I have tried to download facebook app on my samsung s4 but keeps coming up with an error. I cant do system restore as I can not lose what I hv on here as I cant move them to my sd card. Is there anything else I can do?

Posted via Android Central App

Barbara T

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Thank you. But I can't find the data with app store as I am new with this phone. Sorry. Could you direct me?

Marck527

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
aba2a4e7.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9500

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Go to Settings, Application Manager, "All" tab, and find Google Play Store. Just remember! Clearing Data will force a re-logging to Google Play, meaning it will take a while for the list of installed apps to re-populate. Don't panic :) (Sometimes re-booting the phone makes it faster)

Barbara T

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for that. It didnt work :( still coming up with that error. I don't wanna do system restore just incase that doesnt work either.

rootjunkie

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site

Barbara T

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
I just tried that. It says that it is already installed. Weird lol. But in playstore says free. Now thats confusing lol

Reyline Sturges

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I am about to get crazy..I cannot download the fb on my phone it says -24 error..i called the customer service and they cannot do anything ,they told me to contact fb....can anyone
help me?:(

Hussein Khateeb

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I want to install some games in my sgs4 ... when downloading complite its come to install the game but its failed . "Error : couldnt install on usb storge or sd card . I dont know what to do

Kate Trinnell

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I want to install some games in my sgs4 ... when downloading complite its come to install the game but its failed . "Error : couldnt install on usb storge or sd card . I dont know what to do

ugh I am having the same problem
I tried downloading a game and it didnt work then I tried to download CBC app and that worked but any games arent working for me. I get the same error message
I have enough space but nothing will download

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Found this on xda I'm hoping it helps

This is a common error that occurs with the Play Store sometimes after flashing ROMs without wiping data, or with an incomplete un-installation (apk corruption, etc.)

What is it?​
Basically, there is some app data left behind from a previous installation of the app. The Play Store sees that data when trying to install the app and throws a -24 error, because it doesn't know what to do with it.

So, how do you solve it?​
Simple to fix:
(I'm assuming you're rooted, chances are you are if you get this error)
- YOU'LL LOSE YOUR DATA FOR THAT APP (You would have done anyway, if it was uninstalled properly) -
1.) Using a root file manager, go to /data/data
2.) Find the package name of the app you're wanting to install
(Don't know the package name? Find the app you're wanting to install on the Play Store online and it's in the URL)
3.) Delete that folder. All of it.
4.) Try to install your app again, it should work now
5.) If you like, hit the thanks button ;)

If you're unrooted, you can try this:
[hide]
Run this in adb
Code:
adb shell rm -R -f /data/data/
Replace with the package name of your app (if you don't know it, see above)
[/hide]
If that doesn't work, a factory reset is your only option, sorry

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app