Would you recommend Nova Launcher Prime For The S4

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I use it on both my S4 and also my Note 8, also a guy at work uses it on his S3 and after trying several other launchers we both find this one to be the best, I also use a different icon pack and keyboard

Sent from my GT-I9505 using AC Forums mobile app

I know this thread is about Prime but noticed you mentioned the Note 8. Liking it? Considering buying one and while I have no use for the S-Pen on my phone I really think it would come in handy in tablet form. Quick reply back so they don't think the thread is changing letting me know if you recommend it or not?

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
You can find icon packs for free all over the Web if you search, you can buy them if you want but... There's a person at deviantART that was making different button packs every day of the year. Stuff is out there just Google it.

astroboi82

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Yea I do like it, the pen has a function where you can write with it instead of typing and it transfers it to regular text on the screen, you can also use it for drawing (I'm hopeless at that)
It was either this or an iPad mini and this was the better choice for me because of being able to put in the SD Card for memory (ie buy a 16GB device and put a 64GB card in for like $50)
and also because of not having to use iTunes and to be able to just plug it into any computer and transfer data. To keep it short if you have and like a Galaxy Phone already then you will love it

Andrawer

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Its my favorite launcher BUT the fact that the icon text labels are so dinky bugs me. Ive been playing with alternate launchers where you can increase text size...seems so basic.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

paintdrinkingpete

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Probably the one feature I like the most about NOVA is the ability to backup and restore settings...if you're into flashing ROMs this is a HUGE time saver! Even if you're not rooted, I'm sure it would be great to have just in case you need to do a factory reset for any reason.

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Hard to imagine using Touchwiz...Nova is AWESOME.

Highly recommended. Been using it for over a year on my Galaxy S3 and S4.

mdlissner

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I seem to have Widgets move around in me with Nova without me doing anything. Anyone else see this?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

ctychick

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Hard to imagine using Touchwiz...Nova is AWESOME.

Highly recommended. Been using it for over a year on my Galaxy S3 and S4.

Exactly my thought. Although I do like that Touch Wiz features are still available.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I seem to have Widgets move around in me with Nova without me doing anything. Anyone else see this?

Open up Nova settings, click the desktop tab, scroll down and tap Advanced and tic Lock Desktop. That should stop your widgets from moving.

mdlissner

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Open up Nova settings, click the desktop tab, scroll down and tap Advanced and tic Lock Desktop. That should stop your widgets from moving.

Thanks for the advice. I made the change. Do I have to unclick this everytime I want to modify the desktop?

HPferoxCraft

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. I made the change. Do I have to unclick this everytime I want to modify the desktop?

When you long press on the screen it will bring up a pop-up with a lock, just long press the lock for a second and it unlocks temporarily, when you leave the screen your editing it will automatically lock itself. No need to go back to the settings page. Nice feature IMHO.

Teddy Jenkins

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I loved it but all of a sudden it keeps deleted apps from my folders on my desktop for no reason.

Hi My nameisrich, did you get an answer from the developers with your Nova Deleting Apps from folders etc? This is really bugging me at the moment and have switched back to touchwiz for its stability.

noisemaker

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
My issue with Nova, and I wouldn't argue that I might be doing something wrong, is that I loose the count of unread emails, gmails, messages, etc. I downloaded Tesla Unread, but that didn't do it either. I would consider buying prime if it guaranteed that the unread count would reappear.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I have used a lot of 3rd party launchers over the last couple years. Nova is my current favorite. They made some great changes thanks to a Google+ beta recently... IMHO this is the best launcher!!!

ryguy5

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
My issue with Nova, and I wouldn't argue that I might be doing something wrong, is that I loose the count of unread emails, gmails, messages, etc. I downloaded Tesla Unread, but that didn't do it either. I would consider buying prime if it guaranteed that the unread count would reappear.

I have NOVA Prime and the Tesla Unread plugin and have no problem with unread notifications showing up on icons for texts, emails, fb notifications, twitter updates, etc.

bigkevbosky

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I've been using stock Touchwiz launcher since I got my S4, but I had purchased Nova Prime a while ago. Finally decided to switch and I'm LOVING it. There are a few annoyances with stock Touchwiz, but Nova fixes all of them. In Nova you can change icons, change desktop grid size, and configure it so that long pressing the menu button launches Google Now, which I prefer. Also, Nova takes up MUCH less memory than Touchwiz. In Ram Manager, with Touchwiz, I was always hovering around 1.3 gb - since using Nova I've been hovering around 1.00 gb. Thats a lot less memory being eaten up.

Nova also lets me use almost all of the Touchwiz widgets. The only one I've seen that it really won't allow is the weather widget. S Health, Alarm, Music, S Memo, S Bookmarks - all are able to be used in Nova. Nova also lets you use a transparent notification bar, which I really did like on Touchwiz.

neggei

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
any reason why my widget cuts off the artist name in nova launcher love this launcher but this is annoying LOL

thanks in advance everyone

Attachments

• IMG_0040.jpg
    IMG_0040.jpg
    647.6 KB · Views: 20

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non