Refuses to charge.

Taylor Zamora

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
I'll cut right to the problem, my phone died because I could not get to a charger in time and now my Samsung Galaxy S4 is refusing to charge. Thinking it was the USB it came with I used a different charger, same results so I tried using a different outlet to no avail. It does not show anything except when you attempt to turn it on it flashes the intro logo then goes black, also when I have it plugged into a charger it vibrates every five seconds but does not charge. There are no lights, no battery indication, it just vibrates every five seconds. It also doesn't heat up or have any disfigurements as I have read in other forums looking for a solution. I feel like I should also add I bought the phone at a Sprint store thinking it was better then my previous phone the iPhone 4S, I would really hate to be wrong. All help is appreciated and welcome. Thank you.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'll cut right to the problem, my phone died because I could not get to a charger in time and now my Samsung Galaxy S4 is refusing to charge. Thinking it was the USB it came with I used a different charger, same results so I tried using a different outlet to no avail. It does not show anything except when you attempt to turn it on it flashes the intro logo then goes black, also when I have it plugged into a charger it vibrates every five seconds but does not charge. There are no lights, no battery indication, it just vibrates every five seconds. It also doesn't heat up or have any disfigurements as I have read in other forums looking for a solution. I feel like I should also add I bought the phone at a Sprint store thinking it was better then my previous phone the iPhone 4S, I would really hate to be wrong. All help is appreciated and welcome. Thank you.

It is highly possible that the drain of the battery was too much for it to come back. These batteries used in smartphones should not be drained to near depletion. Recharging at about 30% is usually the recommended level. As for a fix: Leave it on your charger for a couple hours. Then try to turn it on. If it can't/won't, the battery needs to be replaced.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38